SVLRC Specialty
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SVLRC Specialty

DefaultSVLRC Specialty

It's August 31 & Sept 3. In Grass Valley, CA. Offering Conformation, sweepstakes, obedience, juniors and a whole lot of fun! Anyone going? The premium just came out, obedience entries are limited. It is held in conjunction with the Gold County KC all-breed shows, which usually draws a good amount of labs, and great breeder-judges.
    We hope alot of you attend, I will see you all there!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

CaliforniaLabLover is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: SVLRC Specialty

I'll be there with Monty! I loved this show last year- such a beautiful area! I've had my hotel reservations for a few months now, and sent in my entries on Friday.

I can't wait...there is just something about specialty shows- I love them! The fantastic company and conversation, the beautiful dogs, the relaxed atmosphere. You can't beat them, as far as I'm concerned.

~Julie, Rogue, Monty, and Eddy~

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon

theoconbrio is offline Senior Member

I would love to get up for at least a day. Thanks for reminding us!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

I went last year and really enjoyed it. Unfortunately, I cannot make it this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatyana
    I went last year and really enjoyed it. Unfortunately, I cannot make it this year.
    We'll certainly miss you, your SU, and Scotty, Tatyana. We had so much fun with you guys last year...those sno-cones were SUCH a welcome treat on that hot, hot day, too, weren't they? Thanks again! Man, time flies...Monty was in the 9-12 month class last year! I remember the cute photos of Monty and Scotty playing/wrestling under the shade.

Will you be able to make Golden Gate?

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaLabLover

GGLRC is 19-20 of October, with Del Valle supported entry shows the 21-22nd. I'll have to see what my boss allows me to be absent for and what Monty is looking like by then. With these "almost 2-year-old" boys (for whom I'm not familiar with coat-blowing patterns and whatnot yet), it is interesting the changes that occur from one week to the next. LOL

Stoney Brook, will you be staying on the grounds for Sierra Vista or in a hotel?

GGLRC is 19-20 of October, with Del Valle supported entry shows the 21-22nd. I'll have to see what my boss allows me to be absent for and what Monty is looking like by then. With these "almost 2-year-old" boys (for whom I'm not familiar with coat-blowing patterns and whatnot yet), it is interesting the changes that occur from one week to the next. LOL

Stoney Brook, will you be staying on the grounds for Sierra Vista or in a hotel?
    Well, I live about 20 mins away, so I will probably be driving up everyday. I am going with the professional handler that I work for, she said she isn't bringing the trailer, but might afterall, so I might be staying there, with her, or just drive-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney Brook
    Well, I live about 20 mins away, so I will probably be driving up everyday. I am going with the professional handler that I work for, she said she isn't bringing the trailer, but might afterall, so I might be staying there, with her, or just drive-up.
    Very cool! Will you be handling him yourself or will she be doing it? I didn't know that you worked with a pro- great way to get a lot of great handling tips/tricks. Who is it?

Only 3 more weeks... Yay!

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

Probably not. As of the end of this month, I have a grand total of 2 days off that I can take. I probably will use them for Thanksgiving.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoney Brook
    Very cool! Will you be handling him yourself or will she be doing it? I didn't know that you worked with a pro- great way to get a lot of great handling tips/tricks. Who is it?

Only 3 more weeks... Yay!
    I know, I am excited. I'm actually working for Ellen Cottingham. I wanted to assist her (plus she asked) because I am very interested in Springers as my next breed, but she also shows Labs, which is a double bonus.
    We plan to handle our dog ourselves, and have asked Ellen what her rates are just in case we'd like her to handle, but it's a bit too pricey for us, so we may just show him ourselves.
    This wil be my first weekend with her, and am excited, i really hope i can learn alot, and be more involved. *Counting down the days!*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast