Just Labradors banner

SVLRC Specialty

2K views 14 replies 4 participants last post by  Stoney Brook 
#1 ·
It's August 31 & Sept 3. In Grass Valley, CA. Offering Conformation, sweepstakes, obedience, juniors and a whole lot of fun! Anyone going? The premium just came out, obedience entries are limited. It is held in conjunction with the Gold County KC all-breed shows, which usually draws a good amount of labs, and great breeder-judges.
We hope alot of you attend, I will see you all there!

#2 ·
I'll be there with Monty! :) I loved this show last year- such a beautiful area! I've had my hotel reservations for a few months now, and sent in my entries on Friday.

I can't wait...there is just something about specialty shows- I love them! The fantastic company and conversation, the beautiful dogs, the relaxed atmosphere. You can't beat them, as far as I'm concerned. ;)

#5 ·
Tatyana said:
I went last year and really enjoyed it. Unfortunately, I cannot make it this year.
We'll certainly miss you, your SU, and Scotty, Tatyana. We had so much fun with you guys last year...those sno-cones were SUCH a welcome treat on that hot, hot day, too, weren't they? Thanks again! :) Man, time flies...Monty was in the 9-12 month class last year! I remember the cute photos of Monty and Scotty playing/wrestling under the shade.

Will you be able to make Golden Gate?

#6 ·
CaliforniaLabLover said:
GGLRC is 19-20 of October, with Del Valle supported entry shows the 21-22nd. I'll have to see what my boss allows me to be absent for and what Monty is looking like by then. With these "almost 2-year-old" boys (for whom I'm not familiar with coat-blowing patterns and whatnot yet), it is interesting the changes that occur from one week to the next. ;) LOL

Stoney Brook, will you be staying on the grounds for Sierra Vista or in a hotel?

#7 ·
CaliforniaLabLover said:
CaliforniaLabLover said:
GGLRC is 19-20 of October, with Del Valle supported entry shows the 21-22nd. I'll have to see what my boss allows me to be absent for and what Monty is looking like by then. With these "almost 2-year-old" boys (for whom I'm not familiar with coat-blowing patterns and whatnot yet), it is interesting the changes that occur from one week to the next. ;) LOL

Stoney Brook, will you be staying on the grounds for Sierra Vista or in a hotel?
Well, I live about 20 mins away, so I will probably be driving up everyday. I am going with the professional handler that I work for, she said she isn't bringing the trailer, but might afterall, so I might be staying there, with her, or just drive-up.

#8 ·
Stoney Brook said:
Well, I live about 20 mins away, so I will probably be driving up everyday. I am going with the professional handler that I work for, she said she isn't bringing the trailer, but might afterall, so I might be staying there, with her, or just drive-up.
Very cool! Will you be handling him yourself or will she be doing it? I didn't know that you worked with a pro- great way to get a lot of great handling tips/tricks. Who is it?

Only 3 more weeks... ;) Yay!

#10 ·
CaliforniaLabLover said:
Stoney Brook said:
Very cool! Will you be handling him yourself or will she be doing it? I didn't know that you worked with a pro- great way to get a lot of great handling tips/tricks. Who is it?

Only 3 more weeks... ;) Yay!
I know, I am excited. I'm actually working for Ellen Cottingham. I wanted to assist her (plus she asked) because I am very interested in Springers as my next breed, but she also shows Labs, which is a double bonus.
We plan to handle our dog ourselves, and have asked Ellen what her rates are just in case we'd like her to handle, but it's a bit too pricey for us, so we may just show him ourselves.
This wil be my first weekend with her, and am excited, i really hope i can learn alot, and be more involved. *Counting down the days!*

#11 ·
Stoney Brook said:
I know, I am excited. I'm actually working for Ellen Cottingham. I wanted to assist her (plus she asked) because I am very interested in Springers as my next breed, but she also shows Labs, which is a double bonus.
We plan to handle our dog ourselves, and have asked Ellen what her rates are just in case we'd like her to handle, but it's a bit too pricey for us, so we may just show him ourselves.
This wil be my first weekend with her, and am excited, i really hope i can learn alot, and be more involved. *Counting down the days!*
Ellen is great... I actually had the opportunity to handle a ***** special for her at the Ventura shows a couple of months ago. She had the WD as well as 2 specials there. I remember back at the Bakersfield shows, too, she had the WD, WB, and RWD...along with the yellow ***** special she was showing for Judy Chambers, who took BOB. VERY good in the labrador ring. I didn't really get the chance to pick up much from her since there wasn't much time, but hopefully you get the chance to learn a ton from her, and then you can share your infinite wisdom! ;)

#12 ·
CaliforniaLabLover said:
Stoney Brook said:
Ellen is great... I actually had the opportunity to handle a ***** special for her at the Ventura shows a couple of months ago. She had the WD as well as 2 specials there. I remember back at the Bakersfield shows, too, she had the WD, WB, and RWD...along with the yellow ***** special she was showing for Judy Chambers, who took BOB. VERY good in the labrador ring. I didn't really get the chance to pick up much from her since there wasn't much time, but hopefully you get the chance to learn a ton from her, and then you can share your infinite wisdom! ;)
Really? I was actually going to start with her at Ventura, but it didn't work out. I know, she's great with Labs, I'm hoping I can pick up alot from her. I believe she just finished her two Black dogs at Ventura as well, or atleast that's what she told me.
I will definelty share my knowledge I get from her on...:)

#14 ·
Stoney Brook said:
Anyone know how many labs are entered the days of the specilty? I know in obedine there are 30, including AB. And I heard there are 116 Saturday with around 40plus dogs and sixty plus bitches AB show, and a little less Sunday. Yay! 4 pt majors!
I just asked the show secretary- 4 pt majors both days.
Fri total: dogs 46; bitches 73
Mon total: dogs 45; bitches 70

#15 ·
CaliforniaLabLover said:
Stoney Brook said:
Anyone know how many labs are entered the days of the specilty? I know in obedine there are 30, including AB. And I heard there are 116 Saturday with around 40plus dogs and sixty plus bitches AB show, and a little less Sunday. Yay! 4 pt majors!
I just asked the show secretary- 4 pt majors both days.
Fri total: dogs 46; bitches 73
Mon total: dogs 45; bitches 70
Alright, sounds like a fun time (especially for the judge) :D.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.