Improvement on coat

Thread: Improvement on coat

WigWag Guest

DefaultImprovement on coat

Mom:

Dad:

Daughter of the two:

Daughter still doesn't have enough for me but it's better than mom. Interestingly I bred mom three times. First time to a dog with an okay coat but known for not "improving" (I didn't know that at the time) and second to my dog with a lot of coat and third to another boy with a lot of coat from a line with good coats. The only litter that had a better coat than she was the second and all were an improvement over here with the blacks having great coats and the yellows okay. Fingers crossed I get an even better coat the next generation.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Improvement on coat

yes you do have an improvement on the daughters coat. i would not want to much more, but would want to see more undercoat than the top garth hairs.it really seems that yellow are harder to get that coat( some people want a black coat on a yellow dog). i have seen this and it is amazing to see a yellow with the black coat. one lady at the potomac this year had a puppy( yellow) with this coat. she claimed she always get this in one puppy out of a litter and that is the one she keeps.i wish i would have taken a picture of that pupp, as it had a great beautiful coat.

DefaultRe: Improvement on coat

A very noticable improvement on coat. I think most would say she has a correct coat.

PS- I just wanna wrap my hands around Clints big 'ol tail!!! (I'm guessing that is who that is!)