Wigda-pa
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wigda-pa

WigWag Guest

DefaultWigda-pa

What's a Widga-pa? That's what 21 month old Morgan calls our girl Wigeon. It's very funny. She is such a great dog with children - she is patient and obedient. Anyway I have decided to breed her this fall and we are excited. She's way out of coat but she was helping lay bark mulch with us in the front yard and I snapped these photos of her waiting for some Goldfish crackers . I love having dogs that won't go anywhere - she will just lie in the sun in the front yard with her mother watching the world go by. I can also walk her off leash anywhere.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Wigda-pa

She looks very amazing considering she is 'just' your daughter's pet Sharon.

CaliforniaLabLover is offline Senior Member

I can't wait to see what her babies look like! Very nice photos- love that free-stack!

~Julie, Rogue, Monty, and Eddy~

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Buddysmom is offline Senior Member

I've always like Widgeon. Do you know who you're going to breed her to?

Eiderdowns That's My Buddy
    CDX, RE, WC, CGC, TDInc.
    Monnie

WigWag Guest

Do you know who you're going to breed her to?
    Clark:

http://www.dickendall.com/clark.html

julia is offline Senior Member

She is beautiful

She looks great, Sharon.
    Quote Originally Posted by WigWag
    Do you know who you're going to breed her to?
    Clark:
    Oooh...they will make BEAUTIFUL babies together. ;D I may be a little biased though.

CaliforniaLabLover is offline Senior Member

That will be a very nice breeding, I think. It will be neat to see what their heads will be like. My friend has a Clark daughter that has a head very similar to Wigeon's. He certainly has some beautiful babies out there! I'll bet those puppies will be a tough lot to choose from!

~Julie, Rogue, Monty, and Eddy~

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

Wigeon is looking beautiful! Crossing fingers that there will be a keeper or two in her litter with Clark.

WigWag Guest

I'm not sure if anyone cares but I thought I would share a little of my decision making. I like a lot about Wigeon but naturally she has flaws and I am very critical. Her pros are that she has a very pretty head, short back, decent topline and tailset, balanced, sound, and most of all her temperament is great - silly, fun, patient, kind, and loves to work. Okay her cons are that she need more coat (what she has is okay - coarse down the back and a double layer but not enough for me), more forechest, more shoulder layback, a tad more bone, and a tad more rear angulation.

At Potomac I was checking out a lot of stud dogs. I chose Clark because consistently my eye was drawn to certain dogs that turned out to be either Clark get or grandget. He's consistent in throwing substance, bone, pretty heads, and good fronts. My fingers are crossed that I get enough coat - hopefully some of Clint will come through on that and that his rear will also come through. Also this will be a linebreeding on Arnold since he is an Arnold son and Wigeon is an Arnold great granddaughter. So I'm not looking to produce a dog JUST like Clark but hope to get in traits I know he throws to improve on what I already see.

A few dogs from one particular line were gorgeous to me however I didn't like the heads - over and over I would see such great bodies, coats, shoulders, but the heads were not their fortune. I saw a few young dogs that I really liked but it's tough because there were no puppies to see if they will produce what I want to improve upon and some had pedigrees I didn't trust due to issues that I don't care to see if they rear their ugly head.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast