oppinions on this 17 months old male

Thread: oppinions on this 17 months old male

Defaultoppinions on this 17 months old male

Hello.
    This is the male of a friend.
    He is 17 months old.
    Please tell me what are his bad points and good points.
    Thank you

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: oppinions on this 17 months old male

Quote Originally Posted by josephine
    Hello.
    This is the male of a friend.
    He is 17 months old.
    Please tell me what are his bad points and good points.
    Thank you

in the picture it is very hard to say as you have his back feet not underneath himself. his front assmbly is nice however he is short in upper arm. you have his head held up to high it should be more level to show his reach of neck. he has good let down and turn of stifle. he appears not to be up on his front feet, maybe just the picture. hopes this helps.

Not a bad dog.

His back feet are pretty much in the right place for a conformation stack (they aren't meant to be underneath the body) but if they were just a half inch further forward his hocks would be vertical to the ground as they should be.

He needs to be leaning into his front a little bit more and I think it would look better. This will also get him up on his front feet a bit more. His front feet don't look to be a strength of his.

A bit longer than I like in a boy. Sometimes this can just be the picture though. Croup slopes slightly and tail set a bit low but forgiveable considering the overall dog. He's well balanced.

I think he is probably going to be quite a nice dog by the time he fully matures

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Fallriver is offline Senior Member

He needs to be leaning into his front a little bit more and I think it would look better. This will also get him up on his front feet a bit more. His front feet don't look to be a strength of his.

A bit longer than I like in a boy. Sometimes this can just be the picture though. Croup slopes slightly and tail set a bit low but forgiveable considering the overall dog. He's well balanced.

I think he is probably going to be quite a nice dog by the time he fully matures
    What she said. I'm not convinced he's that long and he does have lovely type.
    Pedigree please

Dana

To err is human:To forgive, canine."
    - Anonymous

Thank you for posting your oppinions.
    Hopefully he will fill up as he matures, on the date the pictures were taken he was very thin for my taste, and also out of coat.
    I have another picture from that day, were he is better positioned on the back legs, I think, but not on the front legs.