Floss 9 1/2mths.....

Thread: Floss 9 1/2mths.....

Yuna is offline Senior Member

DefaultFloss 9 1/2mths.....

I'm trying to work up enough courage to fill out a couple of entry forms for Floss. Now that she's a bit older I'm getting a bit more nervous but I'll get over it.

Here are a couple of pics. I would love opinions. She's still going through a gawky period. Let me know if you would like to see her in a different position or from a different angle. It was a bit difficult because my son was stacking her while I took pictures.

My breeder would like us to enter her in 2 shows coming up, one is a specialty, they're still a couple of months away.
    <br />Windanna&#039;s Fairy Floss

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

canUdigIt is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Floss 9 1/2mths.....

Well poo, you didn't intend for that shadow to be where it is on her neck, did you? :P

I think she has a lot of growing up to do, I'd like to see her front angulated better to compliment her rear, and a bit straighter front leg, but she's cute, and I'd show her! ;D

Yuna is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by luvmydogz2much
    Well poo, you didn't intend for that shadow to be where it is on her neck, did you? :P

I think she has a lot of growing up to do, I'd like to see her front angulated better to compliment her rear, and a bit straighter front leg, but she's cute, and I'd show her! ;D
    Aaaargh, the shadow and the play car in the third picture.

Thanks! My breeder mentioned this line is a bit slow to mature.
    <br />Windanna&#039;s Fairy Floss

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ruff n tumble crew is offline Senior Member

She's still growing up, but she does have potential. I do have one pointer. When you stack her, try not to have her head cranked up so high. It puts a roll over her shoulders that may or may not really be there. Try baiting her lower or standing a little farther out in front of her. Above all, when you take her to her first shows, make sure you both have fun. That's really what's it's all about.

Risk is offline Member

I agree with what was said before ... she does have potential, but be patient with her! Enjoy her and give her more time to grow up ... don't be surprised if she turnes out to be at her best after her first litter! I would still show her occasionally, why not - it's fun, and you'll get the feeling about it! Good luck!
    Tina ... and Chance

CaliforniaLabLover is offline Senior Member

I think, especially considering her age (a rough age group for labs), that she's very cute! It would definitely be worth entering her in some shows...perhaps start with all-breed shows initially, since she's at that "leggy" stage? She has great length-of-neck and level topline, a very pretty head and good second-thigh. I wouldn't hesitate to take her in the ring. It is a great learning experience for all, regardless of how well you do.

~Julie, Rogue, Monty, and Eddy~

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon

WeHeartLabs is offline Senior Member

Cute girl, good luck!
    <br /><br />

Fallriver is offline Senior Member

Her front is likely a little better than in the pic. Try to bait her lower and stand further away from her, otherwise you are accentuating the straightness of her upper arm.
    Nice young girl 8)
    Dana

To err is human:To forgive, canine."
    - Anonymous

JLSP4YUNA Guest

wow Andrea.. shes growing up fast! and saw the pics of her bed she shredded... wow.... she was def in a mood that day huh...

She is sooo cute.. hope you guys have a great day!