Is any body going to the LRCSC Specialty next week?

Thread: Is any body going to the LRCSC Specialty next week?

modelmom is offline Junior Member

DefaultIs any body going to the LRCSC Specialty next week?

Just wondering...is anyone going to the Labrador Retriever Club of Southern California Specialty show next week?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

CaliforniaLabLover is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Is any body going to the LRCSC Specialty next week?

Definitely...I'll be staying on-site with a friend in her toy-hauler trailer. That will be our first "official" time in Open class since Monty turns 18 months on the 23rd (just before LRCSC). Which means we're going to be competing directly with the WD from the Potomac (who only needs another couple of points to finish), Baloo- who will also be in Open Yellow. :P (sigh)

Will you be attending? Showing or as spectator? Where 'bouts are you located? This is the last specialty in CA until late August. Bummer...I really do like them so much better than all-breed shows.

~Julie, Rogue, Monty, and Eddy~

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon

Yeah! Yes I am going and I am taking my boy in the 6-9 class both days. Unless of course I feel totally intimidated...then I will have taken a $20 lesson. This will be my/our first anything and now I am scared because I didn't realize it was where all the big kennels/breeders go to get majors. I am probally out of my league but "No Guts, No Glory!"
    I am going to be in space 146 at the RV park so maybe you can stop by and say "HI" and give me a few pointers
    Where will you be traveling from?
    Lisa

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

CaliforniaLabLover is offline Senior Member

Lisa- we're up in the Santa Clarita area. Don't know what space my friend has for her trailer yet, but we'll probably be the ones in a little group with the margarita bar going in the evenings. I'm a newbie, too, but this show will mark the very beginning of my second year of showing (ie- I'll have been officially showing for an entire year). I can give you any tips/tricks that I can possibly think of but you probably won't need them.

Believe me, in the 6-9 puppy class, *nobody* is really "out-of-their-league" because these guys range in size/shape/attitude/maturity SOOOO much. The breeder judges know that labs all mature at different rates, and will hopefully still look at the puppy's structure and potential as well. Are you entered in sweeps and regular both? Who did you get your puppy from?

~Julie, Rogue, Monty, and Eddy~

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon

My Pup is from Cherry Oaks. His Grandfather is Dillon. He was a pretty great show dog in his day, so I have been told. I am excited that I now will actually know someone at the show. I'll try to introduce myself to you somehow...I guess I will just go searching for the sound of blenders and the song..."tequila!"
    I can't wait to see that dog Baloo you have been talking about. I went to that link and read all about him. What a Cinderella story. I am rooting for him all the way. And sign me up for a pup, cause he's beautiful.