Back home after the Potomac...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Back home after the Potomac...

CaliforniaLabLover is offline Senior Member

DefaultBack home after the Potomac...

Our flights were uneventful, and though I was extremely stressed out going there last Monday (my first time flying with a dog), it was MUCH better coming back since I knew what to expect! I'm still jet-lagged, but Monty seems A-Okay.

Our brag is our 4th place "win" in our sweepstakes class! The judge originally had us first, but then shuffled us all around and put up a nice yellow boy shown by a breeder-judge who I have actually shown under at a specialty show before (and may again in the near future).

I was just elated to have made the cut with such a spectacular group of dogs being shown, so that gorgeous ribbon was just an added (and much welcome) bonus! Funny how excited you can be about virtually *any* placement under those breeder-judges when you're starting out! ;D I hope the thrill never lessens...It was even a thrill to show in the same ring as some of the long-time breeders and judges with their own dogs! What a fantastic show- with hundreds of beautiful, beautiful dogs!!!

I was also excited to see WD go to 7-year-old Baloo (http://www.saddlehilllabs.com/baloo1.html), who I adore!!!, and who I have watched "grow" (he was "found" in a pet-home where they didn't really want him just more than a year ago) from his first time out in a match ring to winning WD and majors at HDLRC and SDLRC in the past few months! He's a spectacular showman and sweet to boot, and even passed his OFA clearances at 6 years of age with excellent hips and normal elbows! Only one more win until he finishes his CH... and I have to show against him in a couple of weeks at LRCSC in the Open Yellow class! Yikes! If nothing else, at least we'll help him finish! LOL

~Julie, Rogue, Monty, and Eddy~

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Djc1249 is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Back home after the Potomac...

Julie,

Congratulations to you and Monty!!! Way to go!!

How exciting it must've been. It would have been fun to have been there.

(I was looking at a lot of the entries as it started, and saw you listed. What I also saw was Tucker's breeders listed...they were there with one that was out of Tucker's dad; that was neat to see).

I didn't know the story of Baloo, being found in a pet home and getting started and all, 'til now. Good luck when you're in the next show.
    <br />Did you say TREAT ?!?<br /><br />Tucker, 3 yrs. --- Tipper, 10 mos.<br />http://www.dogster.com/dogs/284460<br />http://www.dogster.com/dogs/715680

threelabs is offline Senior Member

Congratulations on your placement. ANY placement, actually getting pulled, is quite an achievement at Potomac! Wasn't it a great line up for WD and WB? BOB always is heart pounding. My favorite is when all those Champions are in the ring at the same time being checked in - I always am amazed.

I had the pleasure of meeting Baloo for the first time - he is just wonderful. What a happy boy too. A true testament of that wonderful labrador temperment. Being locked away in a small kennel run for 4 years and he still loves everyone and everything. Susan said it was his type of weather and she was right!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

labtrouble is offline Junior Member

Glad everyone made it home safe!

Can someone please tell me who went BOB and BOS? I can't seem to find it on the results........thanks!

WeHeartLabs is offline Senior Member

Julie i have some AWESOME video of you in the ring with MOnty...but the file is SO big...grrr...Im going to get Jeffrey to wrap it today and compress it so I can send to you. You guys looked really great out there in the rain, wind and freezing temps lol

Actually we all remarked that the labs loved the Potomac weather..didnt bother them one bit.
    <br /><br />

WeHeartLabs is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by labtrouble

Can someone please tell me who went BOB and BOS? I can't seem to find it on the results........thanks!
    Labby posted a link with all of the results...try that.
    <br /><br />

Jasmine Dream is offline Senior Member

julie.. congrats on a great show!!!

Twinpond's Jasmine "Jazz" Dream
    Born 12.31.04

Visit Jazz's Web Site

labtrouble is offline Junior Member

I did, and I can't find the notations B or OS anywhere on the page. I use infodog to get results all of the time, normally there are Breed and OS notations beside the armband number but I can't find it. I see the placement order, but also don't see WD/BOW or anything else.......ugh.

cinderbay is offline Senior Member

congrats on your win Julie!!! He looked great!

I agree. Baloo looked great and his win was well deserved. What a phenomenal class of dogs! It was an unbelievable year. I don't know how this show keeps getting better.
    Kim

CaliforniaLabLover is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by labtrouble

I don't know whether or not the JAMs are all true, but:

BOB Ch Copperstill Fors Fortis
    BOS Ch Lobuff's Puffin at Hollyridge
    WB/BOW Tabatha's Rally
    WD/JAM Sureshot Baloo
    JAM Ch Lobuff's Turtle Dove
    JAM Ch Borador's By George
    JAM Ch Big Sky Stone Kutter
    JAM Ch Allegheny's Gem
    JAM Ch. Tullamore's Toblerone

~Julie, Rogue, Monty, and Eddy~

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast