WigWag Guest

DefaultHelp choosing a photo

Number and reasons would be great!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

LabDecalLady Guest

DefaultRe: Help choosing a photo

I'm not sure what you're picking for exactly, but I like #3 the best. In #2 and #4, he looks like he's straining his neck. In #1, his tail is wagging towards the camera, so at first glance in looks like he has a really short tail. I like #3 because he looks relaxed and comfortable, and everything looks nicely in place, feet, tail, etc.

Just my silly thoughts though

CaliforniaLabLover is offline Senior Member

I like #1 the best- it shows off his wonderful coat, body, and sweet expression, and makes him look a lot cleaner through the neck and jowls.

Will you be bringing him with you to Potomac? I would love to wrap my arms around that big teddy bear! He is just scrumptious!

~Julie, Rogue, Monty, and Eddy~

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Buddysmom is offline Senior Member

Sharon, I don't like any of them. It has nothing to do with Clint. In all the photos, it looks like there's something growing out of his back or tail. In the last one, it looks like he's wearing a blanket of flowers. The others have the dead branches.

Eiderdowns That's My Buddy
    CDX, RE, WC, CGC, TDInc.
    Monnie

WigWag Guest

Sharon, I don't like any of them.

Try cloning green over the brown branches/grass like stuff. To me the dead branches just stand out because they are surrounded by green or black. Also try getting a shallower DOF. That might make it less distracting.

CDX, RE, WC, CGC, TDInc.
    Monnie

WigWag Guest

That might make it less distracting.
    I have to say that personally I love the background - dead branches and all. I wanted it to be somewhat blurred but not too much so see the contrasts and textures in the trees especially the pines. To each his own.

Absolutely. That's what makes the world go round.

CDX, RE, WC, CGC, TDInc.
    Monnie

LabDecalLady Guest

Sharon -

Just wanted to say that I personally didn't find the branches distracting. In fact, I didn't even notice them until they were pointed out. Upon further inspection, I still don't find them distracting. I think it's actually a nice background for a black dog. I always had yellow labs, and now having a chocolate, I'm realizing how hard it is to get a decent picture of a dark dog. I think Clint has a nice crisp outline against the trees and brush, and once your eye wanders away from him, it's a nice background to look at as well.

Just my two cents for whatever its worth...probably not much since I'm neither a professional photographer or dog person, but there it is anyway. So, what are you picking a picture for?

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

I like the background on #2 best, but don't like it because he's sloping uphill. I like the last one because he is the most level, but don't like the background (I agree with Monnie, the flowers on his back are very distracting).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast