Floss 8 mths, thoughts?

Thread: Floss 8 mths, thoughts?

Yuna is offline Senior Member

DefaultFloss 8 mths, thoughts?

Still high in the back, but other than that what are your thoughts?

<br />Windanna&#039;s Fairy Floss

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Fallriver is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Floss 8 mths, thoughts?

Put her away and don't look for awhile. She is not in a good place right now but if you liked what you saw at 8 weeks, she should come back together. All the parts are there, they are just growing at different rates right now. She has a very nice head so far.
    This is a terrible age to look at a puppy as they can really fall apart sometimes.
    Dana

To err is human:To forgive, canine."
    - Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by FallRiver
    Put her away and don't look for awhile. She is not in a good place right now but if you liked what you saw at 8 weeks, she should come back together. All the parts are there, they are just growing at different rates right now. She has a very nice head so far.
    This is a terrible age to look at a puppy as they can really fall apart sometimes.
    I agree, she looks pretty funky. She's even losing a bit of hair on her tail, you can see it in the pic. Her sister, who my breeder will be showing, is quite pretty but even more high in the back.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

nwlabs is offline Senior Member

She is growing. I refer to this stage as the "Sitting photos only" stage. Hopefully she will grow out of it. Some do...some don't.

Quote Originally Posted by nwlabs
    She is growing. I refer to this stage as the "Sitting photos only" stage. Hopefully she will grow out of it. Some do...some don't.
    Eeep! How long does it usually take to grow out of? And would someone lend me a dog, I need more practice at shows! I guess I can always go to handling class. I was supposed to enter her at the end of April for more practice.

nwlabs is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yuna
    Eeep! How long does it usually take to grow out of? And would someone lend me a dog, I need more practice at shows! I guess I can always go to handling class. I was supposed to enter her at the end of April for more practice.
    Depends on the dog. My 10 mos old boy has not hit a gawky stage *yet* and his older half sister who is 19 mos now never hit the gawkies and I have been able to show them right along. I would pass on the shows as I only want the dogs shown at their best, but go to handling class!!

blacklab is offline Senior Member

I think she has lots of potential and such a pretty head.

It's disappointing when you take a look and decide that it might be better to take a break. If you do give her a break make sure you keep up show training classes. Lots of good lines go through "the uglies" for a while.

I have a boy who is unbearable at the moment. I am putting him away too as he is running like a teenage dork with huge east-west front feet and skinny legs. Fortunately I have a friend in another state who is sending me a beautiful blackdog to campaign for a year. That will keep me busy in the meantime while my homebred boy grows up!