Finn at 13 weeks (opinions please)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finn at 13 weeks (opinions please)

maggieandfinn is offline Senior Member

DefaultFinn at 13 weeks (opinions please)

Finn is our first lab from a breeder and he was her favorite. She would have kept him but she wanted a black male out of the liter so we were the lucky ones to get him. He is only 13 weeks old and I wanted to get some opinions. Our vet asked if we had thought about showing him. We said no because we really just wanted another pet and we don't know anything about showing but now I am curious. I know he is still very young but what do you guys think? And please forgive the pictures...this was only our second attempt at getting a stacked picture.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Fallriver is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Finn at 13 weeks (opinions please)

Yes, that is a nice puppy. A lot of breeders would run him on. Talk to his breeder...she might be happy for you to show him as she may want to keep him close by in case her boy doesn't turn out.
    Oodles of potential...love his head
    May I ask what his pedigree is?
    Dana

To err is human:To forgive, canine."
    - Anonymous

We are sending weekly pictures to the breeder....she is only an hour away which is good so she can come see him whenever she is in town or if we are headed her way we can stop by. And she will give us all the advice and help we need if we do decide to show him.

Here is the link to their site showing pics of mom and dad with full pedigree.

http://www.digitaldean.net/diamond/winter-puppies.htm

Mom is Ch Diamond's Itty Bang Bang JH and dad is Ch Ransom Armbrook Indigo Hue CD MH.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

CaliforniaLabLover is offline Senior Member

He looks like he has a lot of potential and a great pedigree to me! Very cute!!!

~Julie, Rogue, Monty, and Eddy~

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon

yellwlab is offline Member

I agree; he looks like he has a lot of potential. Just as an aside, Finn's dad is one of an elite few to have a conformation championship and a master hunter title. I think there's fewer than fifty dogs to have achieved that!

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

He IS cute. I would definately talk to your breeder about showing him. You might be able to tag along when she goes to shows and learn the ropes.

Labsrme is offline Senior Member

He's very cute. Finn's dad, "Digs" belongs to one of my good friends - we do retriever training together. Digs has a great personality - he's a very sweet boy.

Quote Originally Posted by Labsrme
    He's very cute. Finn's dad, "Digs" belongs to one of my good friends - we do retriever training together. Digs has a great personality - he's a very sweet boy.
    Oh wow, that is very cool. I love Digs's look. He is so handsome. Finn has a great personality. We are working on retrieving tennis balls with Finn and we have a duck but he gets very distracted still. We met the breeder with the male and a female, and another brother at a puppy show yesterday. They had so much fun together. Itty and Digs made beautiful puppies.

cinderbay is offline Senior Member

Veerrrrry nice pup!! Did you purchase for show? Definitely has some potential.
    Got to see Digs once and he is more handsome in person than any photo I have seen. VERY sweet!!!!
    Kim

Quote Originally Posted by cinderbaylabs
    Veerrrrry nice pup!! Did you purchase for show? Definitely has some potential.
    Got to see Digs once and he is more handsome in person than any photo I have seen. VERY sweet!!!!
    We actually purchased Finn to be a pet. But the breeder liked him alot and we think he is beautiful. We went to our first show ever over the weekend to see what it is like. We are considering it but haven't made any decisions. The breeder is showing one of his brothers and for right now a sister (hasn't been placed yet). Another brother was there with his family and they are considering showing. This was the first show for them too but they did show Hank their dog (I was too chicken). It was only Finn's 2 brothers so they took 1st and 2nd and Emmett (the brother the breeder kept) took best in sporting group for his age. We are training at home and are going to start going to classes soon and just see how things go. I am trying to gather information for upcoming shows in our area too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast