Monty took Best Adult in Match today...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Monty took Best Adult in Match today...

CaliforniaLabLover is offline Senior Member

DefaultMonty took Best Adult in Match today...

with my husband showing him (his first time showing a dog, and having never been to handling class before, and only practicing for a couple minutes last night)! Monty is still pretty wiggly at 17 months, but *really* paid attention to him when my SU brought out the "best bait in the world" (a paper napkin). LOL

It was pretty cute to watch them in the ring... I think my SU actually had fun! I was match chair, so I asked my SU a couple of weeks ago whether or not he would help me out, and take Monty in the ring just for fun. We'll see if we have him hooked with his pretty pink-and-green rosette and bag of goodies!

~Julie, Rogue, Monty, and Eddy~

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

blacklab is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Monty took Best Adult in Match today...

Well done!

A paper napkin? Hehe you got it easy... I always end up cooking something good for bait.

canUdigIt is offline Senior Member

Congrats!

Now question...does Monty wag his tail like a fool for Dad but not you?

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Fallriver is offline Senior Member

That's great ;D
    My husband is banned from accompanying me to shows and trials now and I'm sure he's happy about it. Taking him was akin to taking a whiny toddler...'when are we doneeeeeeeeeeee', 'why do we have to be there so earlyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy'
    I'm sure that was his plan all along, just like putting darks in with whites so he would be banned from the wash too 8)
    Dana

To err is human:To forgive, canine."
    - Anonymous

I usually show him with food bait, but my SU remembered his affection for napkins and decided to give it a try. I gave him *huge* kudos for his imagination, and the napkin worked! Monty is usually a pretty serious guy in the ring with a TON of focus (I can't wait to get him started on obedience and so forth!)...unfortunately he didn't seem to wag his tail any more for "dad" than for me. That's okay, though. After watching some of the winning dogs at a specialty a couple of weeks ago, I noticed that perhaps tail-wagging is only a big deal in my own head.

Quote Originally Posted by FallRiver
    My husband is banned from accompanying me to shows and trials now and I'm sure he's happy about it. Taking him was akin to taking a whiny toddler...'when are we doneeeeeeeeeeee', 'why do we have to be there so earlyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy'
    That's almost *exactly* what I usually contend with, which is why having him show him in a casual environment was the perfect ploy for him. LOL

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon

ruff n tumble crew is offline Senior Member

WOW!!! The hubby went AND SHOWED?!?!?! Now THAT'S impressive! ;D Oh, and congrats on the dog's placement too. LOL BTW, does your hubby give lessons? If so, mine could stand to take some.

Lovemylabs is offline Member

Cool!!!! ;D
    That's exciting. You must be proud!
    Way to go hubby, too.

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

Good job Monty and SU!!! Were there any pictures? Are they going into the family photo album for all posterity to see?

Quote Originally Posted by Tatyana
    Good job Monty and SU!!! Were there any pictures? Are they going into the family photo album for all posterity to see?
    LOL, of course (I had to, especially since I don't know if I'll ever get him in the ring again!), but DON'T TELL HIM I POSTED THESE!!! He'd KILL me- he hates having photos taken of himself. LOL

I forgot to mention that the judge was Cheri Conway of Thornwood Labradors in Klamath Falls, OR.

Gaiting:

(See the smile on SU? He'll NEVER admit to that- he'll tell everyone he swallowed a bug or something, LOL)

Stacking Monty as the judge came up for the exam:

It was quite the fun experience, and I think my SU has been walking around with his chest puffed out ever since! It was, after all, HIM who won the "title!" LOL

yellwlab is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaLabLover
    my SU brought out the "best bait in the world" (a paper napkin).
    LOL!! I have sworn for years that Lincoln would win Westminster with a tissue. Unfortunately he likes his used, and well, that's more than Kathy's willing to do. Even for him ;D ;D.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast