Well, we survived the match!!

Thread: Well, we survived the match!!

LabDecalLady Guest

DefaultWell, we survived the match!!

Sienna and I survived our first match. There were SO many dogs, and Sienna loved walking around a looking at all of them. The match was outdoors, so she also had fun playing in the grass (all our grass is dead around here right now).

The only dissapointing part was that there were only 5 labs there for conformation, and she was the only one in her class. She did really well, and I think I did okay too. The judge really took her time going over her, and Sienna didn't budge during the whole process. So, she got to compete in BOB since she won her class She did really well again, and although the judge didn't award all the spots, she had her in the 3rd position. She was the only chocolate...the other 4 labs were black.

I can't wait to see how she matures this summer. I know she is going through a terrible akward stage right now. She is really rear high, and looks very awkward in motion because of it I think. I'm hoping by mid summer, she's grows into her body.

Most important, we both had fun, and met lots of new people. And actually, there were quite a few familiar faces there from our classes we go to, and other doggy events that we do, so that was nice! I'm so tired now today! We drove 3.5 hours, waited for 2 hours, competed for 20 minutes, and drove 3.5 hours back home

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

canUdigIt is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Well, we survived the match!!

That's awesome! Great job!

krisinme is offline Senior Member

Great job! At first I was mortified to be the only one in my classes but it does help you adjust quicker. Keep up the good work!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

Glad you had a good experience! I don't mind when there aren't any other labs! HA HA I know it's good to have competition, which happens at all REALL shows, but we did an all-breed match last year, and Grace got Best Female, Hud got Best Male, they competed and Grace got BOB. Then she placed 2nd in Group. That will probably be the BEST she'll ever do! LOL

We have a match this weekend with our lab club, so it will be ALL labs...I have her in conformation, obedience and rally! I am more concerned with rally because if she does well we are going to start competing for our title!

WeHeartLabs is offline Senior Member

Good job! Especially good that she enjoyed herself.
    <br /><br />