Remington Pedigree

Thread: Remington Pedigree

3TailsWaggin is offline Senior Member

DefaultRemington Pedigree

Not that I'll ever show him in Conformation, but I think he might have what it takes. This is one pretty pup.
    I haven't gotten a "stacked" shot of him because I can't get him to stand still long enough. I think Monnie took some.

Anyone think this is a decent pedigree?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

MicksMom is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Remington Pedigree

Hey, Remington and Caleb are "long lost relatives"-
    Caleb's Great Grandfather is Ch. Langshott Gale Force From Kim Valley. I'm still learning about Lab pedigrees, but I do see some familair kennel names there.

I think it is a very decent pedigree! I really like those Hunting dogs in there Also, from what I have heard, Dickendall Arnold was a very nice dog.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

WigWag Guest

To be totally honest the field part of his pedigree will be strong and so as an adult he will most likely have that look to some extent. A local woman has a 1/2 show and 1/2 field bred bitch that she bred to Clint. The daughter she kept is cute and I see how he improved over the dam but she looks a lot like her dam. She bred her to a champion male and kept a bitch from that litter (that would be the same as your handsome guy - 1/2 field 1/2 show bred to show and then bred to show again). She is now 6 months old and although she is an improvement over her dam she still has some field look to her. I advised her that she should not show her because of that and maybe one more generation could yield a dog that will fit in the ring. She does a lot of obedience and agility and 4-H with her kids so she's not set on conformation but she too thought that she might be pretty enough. The field look is very strong and overpowers the show side.

PM coming your way......

Remington's mom is Ruger's 1/2 sister. His grandma is Ruger's mom I actually like that line and am hoping this boy will have some of that drive. I'm not a conformation person. We will be competing in obedience and agility and hopefully some hunt tests

2yellowlabs is offline Senior Member

Linda - I don't know a lot about pedigrees but I am trying to learn. Both of my labs are from Kelleygreen
    and my younger guy also has Dickendall Arnold as his great or great great grandfather. I always read the articles in the Lab Quarterly about how lines developed and I try to remember what I've read when I see a pedigree. I think your puppy is wonderful and it might be worth a try to see if he has the right stuff. I was at a dog show last year though where a breeder from Minnesota was standing next to me and commented that the labs the judge selected as winners would not last a hour in the field. Maybe a lab from lines of both field and show is the best combo.
    Betsy
    Kelleygreens Couer D'Or, CGC,CD, RAE2 - Doro - Nov. 21, 1995 to Jan. 14, 2010
    Kelleygreens The Shamrock Kid, CGC, OM, UDX2, RE, NA, NAJ, AXP, AJP, ASCA CDX, - Shamrock
    Kelleygreens The Few, The Proud, CGC, CDX, GN, NA - Recon

nwlabs is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by raian
    I actually like that line
    Isn't that really all that matters? Good luck with your pup.

Peggy, What I'm really liking about this boy so far is that when he's up he really has drive, but he chills easily. Ruger get's almost manical at times. I don't think Remington is going to be that way.

Remington is already doing the cutest "come" and "front". My breeder was blown away when we did it for her the other night. He looks like this little puppy obedience dog, and basically all I've been doing with him is playing games and tossing in commands as we go

The fact that he will be a little charmer is just icing on the cake

nwlabs is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by raian
    Peggy, What I'm really liking about this boy so far is that when he's up he really has drive, but he chills easily. Ruger get's almost manical at times. I don't think Remington is going to be that way.

Remington is already doing the cutest "come" and "front". My breeder was blown away when we did it for her the other night. He looks like this little puppy obedience dog, and basically all I've been doing with him is playing games and tossing in commands as we go

The fact that he will be a little charmer is just icing on the cake
    I know exactly what you mean. That is how my dogs are. I call it "the off switch". Jammer has incredible drive and a great recall. I can't wait to do field work with him.

I love the charming ones. I am jealous....Jammer was supposed to be a black boy.