Feeling nervous

Thread: Feeling nervous

Yuna is offline Senior Member

DefaultFeeling nervous

Our first show is on Friday and I'm starting to feel nervous. What have I gotten myself into? I'm kind of feeling like backing out.

Floss goes for her bath today. Thursday we drop her crate off and check the place out. Friday labs show at 1pm. Eek!
    <br />Windanna&#039;s Fairy Floss

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

FrenchMaddie is offline Member

DefaultRe: Feeling nervous

You will be FINE! ;D Don't worry, it will only pass down your lead to your pooch. 9harder said than done and I know just how you are feeling!!)

Sorry to be ignorant but why is she getting bathed? It's not normally wise (so I have been told) to bath a dog so close to a show. I never bath mine - if they get mucky i just let it dry and brush it out if necessary or sponge the worst off!
    Nicola, Milly, Coco and Blue!<br />&quot;No matter how little money and how few possessions you own, having a dog makes you rich&quot; - Louis Sabin<br />

My breeder told me to do it yesterday. She also had a bit of an upset tummy for the last couple of days and threw up in her crate and got it all over her. So she is pretty stinky.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

FrenchMaddie is offline Member

Ah ha - NOW I understand LOL!

As for the show, I've only done three (My BLuebird is only 8 months old). The first was a disaster, the second pretty darn good, the third a complate nightmare (get this - a stray gordon setter got into the ring a PEED on my poor dogs head while my back was turned for a split second). It can't get much worse that that so think of me and my disasters and smile and relax!!
    Nicola, Milly, Coco and Blue!<br />&quot;No matter how little money and how few possessions you own, having a dog makes you rich&quot; - Louis Sabin<br />

lol, oh no! That's terrible. I'm a bit of a shy person so thinking about what might go wrong makes me want to forget about showing.

Fallriver is offline Senior Member

Make sure you brush her good to get the oils back into her coat as washing it will dry it out.
    Good luck at the show ;D
    Dana

To err is human:To forgive, canine."
    - Anonymous

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

Good Luck! At least you can set up a day early....

canUdigIt is offline Senior Member

Relax! Just think, there is nothing that you can do with Floss that the judge hasn't seen 1000 times!

I am generally a quiet and shy person (no really, I am ) but with my dog at the end of the lead I am suddenly an extrovert! I use them as an ice breaker. If you feel that you are totally anxious, casually mention to the judge that this is your first show...

JLSP4YUNA Guest

Good Luck SP! I know you guys will do great... get your hubby to take lots of pictures! ;D

Tagen is offline Senior Member

get this - a stray gordon setter got into the ring a PEED on my poor dogs head while my back was turned for a split second
    Oh no! I would have been mortified LOL!!!