A couple of impromptu photos this weekend along the central coast...

Thread: A couple of impromptu photos this weekend along the central coast...

CaliforniaLabLover is offline Senior Member

DefaultA couple of impromptu photos this weekend along the central coast...

I posted these within my thread in Lab Chat about our weekend trip up to central California, but I thought I would post a couple of Monty here, too, since he's my first show dog (turned 16 months on the 23rd). They aren't staged or anything, but rather just Monty being a goofball, and me trying to catch some good shots of him during it all! LOL

Libby and Monty jogging alongside one of the "ranch" trails we were walking along:

Just plodding along...I have been trying to catch that "full side-gait" movement shot that seems to be so ellusive on my new camera- the closest I got was my friend's girl who took RWB at the SDLRC specialty a couple of weeks ago.

Profile in the ranch area:

We also headed to Morrow Bay with the dogs so that they could play on a nice sprawling sandy beach (rather than taking them down to the rocks):

See the ball up in the right corner? At least Monty saw it...Libby looks like she's just making a break for the water!

Trying to "dig" the ball back out of the wet sand- a team effort!

A very happy Monty with sand all over his face, waiting for someone to throw the ball again...

And again ("Throw the ball!!! Throw the ball!"- ignore the hair/skin rolls at the base of his neck...he's a little out of coat elsewhere- started blowing coat at the Palm Springs shows and has been in limbo since, and we're both working on getting into shape together. We have a few rolls we can both lose, LOL ):

And farther away from the ocean, we found a fun little estuary:

Monty loved just standing in the water...he'd come out briefly and then just go right back in to simply stand there.

It was a great weekend, if a little short. The house was gorgeous, and we had a fantastic time! ;D

~Julie, Rogue, Monty, and Eddy~

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ruff n tumble crew is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: A couple of impromptu photos this weekend along the central coast...

Pretty shots. Your boy is just getting better and better. ;D