Floss, 6mths...

Thread: Floss, 6mths...

Yuna is offline Senior Member

DefaultFloss, 6mths...

Any opinions? I'm hoping she'll be ready for a March show. Well, I hope I'm ready that is.

I'm still working on this stacking thing...

I tried to get some on our walk today. Sorry about the collar.

I just think she looks cute here...

So what do you think? Any advice?

Thanks,
    Andrea

<br />Windanna&#039;s Fairy Floss

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Fallriver is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Floss, 6mths...

Also a fairly balanced youngster. She has a bit of a short upper arm, and you can see it especially in the first pic because her head is held so high. Look how much better her front looks in the second pic where he head is in a more natural position.
    When you bait her, make sure the bait isn't too high as it will exaggerate this fault and it also makes her look ewe-necked which she isn't. Also causes her topline to dip.
    I dont' know if you stacked her for the pics in the snow, but she is too stretched out...her rear is better presented in the first pic. It takes a while for young dogs to settle on their rears, so it will be hard for a while to figure out just where to put those rear legs
    Dana

To err is human:To forgive, canine."
    - Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by FallRiver
    Also a fairly balanced youngster. She has a bit of a short upper arm, and you can see it especially in the first pic because her head is held so high. Look how much better her front looks in the second pic where he head is in a more natural position.
    I see what you're saying. When I saw this picture I thought she kind of looked funny there too. Thanks for the tips. I've been stacking her in front of a mirror so I can see what's going on, but I still have a bit of trouble knowing what's right.

If you have any other opinions I would love to hear them.

Are you in BC?

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

WigWag Guest

I agree - I like the free standing photo better - look how much better her rear and topline and front looks. She is very cute.

Fallriver is offline Senior Member

Yes, I'm in BC. I may see you in Calgary for the specialty if my puppies are gone on time
    Dana

To err is human:To forgive, canine."
    - Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by FallRiver
    Yes, I'm in BC. I may see you in Calgary for the specialty if my puppies are gone on time
    Hmmm, comment was eaten.

I was going to say...Eeeek, don't tell me that. I'm going to be nervous. Actually, that would be really cool, hope to see you.

wyntercreek labradors uk Guest

Very nice little girl, would like to see her back legs a bit more under her but she carries herself well , get her into some lower class shows for the experience (for both of you)as she seems to show her self don't try to lift her head with the lead as this looks quite false (although some judges don't mind it
    Personally I prefer to see the dog stand on its own to see how it shows its self.
    please look at WC Clever Cloggs to see what I mean by back legs under her a bit more and standing to show her self.
    But it all comes in time you have the opportunity to teach and learn from each other.good luck for the future with her
    from J T

[attachment deleted by admin]

JLSP4YUNA Guest

aww what a pretty girl! ;D and love the view in the background too..

it appears as if she is at the growth stage.she a little longer on loin but that is ok for a bitch,she is looking up too high which is throwing her shoulder placement or layback off. if you lower your hand a wee tad and have the bait lower she should plain out more.she has a nice reach of neck, but starighter in upper arm area.she appears to have nice tight feet which many labs out there have terrible feet.i would like to see more double thigh. remember she is growing right now and body structure can change to some degree, 6 months is an awkward age ,maybe see how she looks at 8 months old and compare you pictures. hope this helps.
    Denise
    D &amp; T Branch<br />Harrow Ont <br />Bluesouth Labradors Reg&#39;d<br />[email protected]