Just Labradors banner

Your oppinions on Jesse at 15 months - edit - New pictures added

3K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  Jasmine Dream 
#1 ·
:D Hy,
Jesse is 15 monts now, and I would like to hear your oppinion on his developement.
What are his strog and weak points in this stage.
the last picture of him stalked for oppinions was at 11 months, and he was out of coat too.
He has filled out since then, and we would like some new oppinions.
thank you.

New pictures from today,
I think these are better, I had some help with this ones.

Jesse

Jesse at 11 months

13 months

15 months

head

See less See more
#2 ·
Re: Your oppinions on Jesse at 15 months

I have no "professional" opinion as far as conformation, but he is gorgeous! He's built alot like my Frankie.
:)

#4 ·

He looks like he's got good bone and he's bodied up nicely for you. I think he's a little straight front and rear, but he's balanced. It's hard to tell from the pictures; we'd probably be able to see him better if you could get some shots of him being freebaited.

#5 ·

It is so hard to tell everything from photos, especially angles and coat without putting your hands on them. His head is certainly handsome, topline looks good from the photos before his head shots. Have you had his breeder evaluate him or someone else who shows Labs? It looks like he is being shown so you have access to other conformation people to go over him. That is probably the best way to get a good evaluation of him.
Good luck!

G
#6 ·

I like him. Lovely head and expression, great coat, very short coupled, good bone, and I really like his front. He could use more angle in the rear and is a little stuffy in the neck and maybe a higher tailset - hard to tell that from the photos.

#7 ·

It is incredible how much he has filled out in the past few months! :) What a handsome boy!

Here is my novice critique-
Jesse looks like he has a very sweet face that is quite likely to just continue to get better as he matures. ;D He seems to have good layback to his shoulders, though he is a tad bit short in the upper arm (extremely common in labs it seems, and most much shorter than him). He lacks turn-of-stifle (ie- he's pretty straight in the rear), but part of that may be how he's stacked...it looks like he is stacked with his rear legs a bit to far back to give him good angles in the rear. His tail-set is just a tiny bit low, but I don't think that is a major problem because his topline seems otherwise very strong and he is short-coupled, which is fantastic. :) He seems very well balanced and looks like he has great coat...which may also be contributing to the "thick" appearance to his neck? He did look like he had a lot more length to his neck when he was 11 months, but the angle of the camera is a bit low, so that is difficult to evaluate in the photos of him now. What a nice boy you have! Again, my novice opinion, and I hope I got the terminology correct.

I think Jesse shows a lot of promise, and looks great at 15 months! Keep the photos coming...you will continue to do very well with that boy! ;D

#9 ·

Thank you for your comments. Looking at the pictures the other night when I posted the question I was awed by how much he has changed, and for the better in only 4 months, and that is why I wanted some outside imput.
His next show will be March 31, the only club show in our country for the breed, and the judge will be Carole Ann Coode, so I am looking forward for her comments.
After that starting 7th of April we will do some club and CACIB shows in Hungary, hopefully for his championship.
Until now he has won 3 Best Puppy of breed, 7 Best Junior, and 3 BOB. - so he is a Junior Champion in our country (Romania).
His breeder is from Hungary, and saw him live when he was 11 months, when those pictures were taken, and he really liked him. He showed him at that occasion under a very reputable judge in Europe, I don't know if he is known in USA, his name is LIAM MORAN from Ireland.

this is Jesse's mother at the World Dog show in POZNAN in 12. 11.2006 (432 labradors were shown that day)
she got EXCELENT at Champion class

G
#12 ·

for what its worth(my opinion that is)
I would like to see a little more slope to the back and a nicely carried tail
See photo of our black dog look at the tail carriage, its a natural stance with this dog. I do not like to see people having to show a dog by half strangling them with the lead to get the head carriage correct or to stand and hold the tail,the dog should show its self not the owner(yes I know there are tricks to every trade but when your eye falls on a dog in the show ring you should be looking at a dog that looks the part without aid from the handler.

[attachment deleted by admin]

#13 ·

Just wondering what you mean by this:
wyntercreek labradors uk said:
for what its worth(my opinion that is)
I would like to see a little more slope to the back...
I am sure I am probably misunderstanding your comment, but directly from the FCI standard for labrador retrievers:
FÉDÉRATION CYNOLOGIQUE INTERNATIONALE
SECRÉTARIAT GÉNÉRAL: 13, Place Albert I - B 6530 THUIN (Belg.)
FCI - Standard N° 122/29.01.1999/GB
LABRADOR RETRIEVER
Back : Level topline.
To me, slope indicates an angle such as that seen in a GSD?
Thanks in advance for any clarification... :)

#14 ·

Thank you for your comments.
I made the pictures myself, with a 10 seconds timer on my camera, that has to be hand triggerd,
so that is why in 3 seconds after runing towards Jesse like "crazy" I had to hold his tail... mommy gone whild.
I have a short video of Jesse 5 months ago, don't know if it is relevant for his actual growth stage, but it shows
how he carries his tale.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2NGRgtoyIk

G
#15 ·

Sorry about that , my meaning is that if you look at our black dog look from the head held high there is a nice even slope to its back (which of course is straight. yes you are correct about the GSD having a slope to the back (some of them now look as if they have a hump on their back)
Although the old English working type of GSD still has a straight back)
I do not de cry other peoples dogs (hence the term in my opinion for what its worth; some may take the view (Nothing)
your dog is my type of dog, I only gave my view from the photo I saw, those viewing ours may also say we think it needs to have'' whatever, thats fine, I am always ready to listen so I can hope to improve the next time around
I find showing to be what I call ON THE DAY, some dogs will show perfectly one day and the next they refuse to do a thing, also the judge may prefer a lighter type of lab or a Yellow or a black or a chocolate, you just never know.
The perfect show or working dog as yet to be born (even though we all like to think we have it)
Thats why people like the dear lady who bred the Sandylands dogs all ways strove for the perfect dog to show or dear Mrs Rawlinson strove for the perfect working dog with her Tasco line, and of course there was always those who would say No they did not breed the perfect Show or Working dog.
To me; if my dogs show me the love I show them.. I have the perfect dog.
I always try to be as good as my dogs think I am. J.T

I have working dogs that will pass with one judge and fail with another even after doing the task perfectly, as I say its all on the day.

[attachment deleted by admin]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.