Your oppinions on Jesse at 15 months - edit - New pictures added
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your oppinions on Jesse at 15 months - edit - New pictures added

imported_josephine is offline Senior Member

DefaultYour oppinions on Jesse at 15 months - edit - New pictures added

Hy,
    Jesse is 15 monts now, and I would like to hear your oppinion on his developement.
    What are his strog and weak points in this stage.
    the last picture of him stalked for oppinions was at 11 months, and he was out of coat too.
    He has filled out since then, and we would like some new oppinions.
    thank you.

New pictures from today,
    I think these are better, I had some help with this ones.

Jesse

Jesse at 11 months

13 months

15 months

head

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Your oppinions on Jesse at 15 months

I have no "professional" opinion as far as conformation, but he is gorgeous! He's built alot like my Frankie.

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

From a novice, my first thought was he could use some more angles in the rear, but I liked his front.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

yellwlab is offline Member

He looks like he's got good bone and he's bodied up nicely for you. I think he's a little straight front and rear, but he's balanced. It's hard to tell from the pictures; we'd probably be able to see him better if you could get some shots of him being freebaited.

labnpug is offline Senior Member

It is so hard to tell everything from photos, especially angles and coat without putting your hands on them. His head is certainly handsome, topline looks good from the photos before his head shots. Have you had his breeder evaluate him or someone else who shows Labs? It looks like he is being shown so you have access to other conformation people to go over him. That is probably the best way to get a good evaluation of him.
    Good luck!
    <br />Cori and Lily (my angel pug)

WigWag Guest

I like him. Lovely head and expression, great coat, very short coupled, good bone, and I really like his front. He could use more angle in the rear and is a little stuffy in the neck and maybe a higher tailset - hard to tell that from the photos.

CaliforniaLabLover is offline Senior Member

It is incredible how much he has filled out in the past few months! What a handsome boy!

Here is my novice critique-
    Jesse looks like he has a very sweet face that is quite likely to just continue to get better as he matures. ;D He seems to have good layback to his shoulders, though he is a tad bit short in the upper arm (extremely common in labs it seems, and most much shorter than him). He lacks turn-of-stifle (ie- he's pretty straight in the rear), but part of that may be how he's stacked...it looks like he is stacked with his rear legs a bit to far back to give him good angles in the rear. His tail-set is just a tiny bit low, but I don't think that is a major problem because his topline seems otherwise very strong and he is short-coupled, which is fantastic. He seems very well balanced and looks like he has great coat...which may also be contributing to the "thick" appearance to his neck? He did look like he had a lot more length to his neck when he was 11 months, but the angle of the camera is a bit low, so that is difficult to evaluate in the photos of him now. What a nice boy you have! Again, my novice opinion, and I hope I got the terminology correct.

I think Jesse shows a lot of promise, and looks great at 15 months! Keep the photos coming...you will continue to do very well with that boy! ;D

~Julie, Rogue, Monty, and Eddy~

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon

MicksMom is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by jzgrlduff
    I have no "professional" opinion as far as conformation, but he is gorgeous! He's built alot like my Frankie.
    I thought the same thing, Amy.

imported_josephine is offline Senior Member

Thank you for your comments. Looking at the pictures the other night when I posted the question I was awed by how much he has changed, and for the better in only 4 months, and that is why I wanted some outside imput.
    His next show will be March 31, the only club show in our country for the breed, and the judge will be Carole Ann Coode, so I am looking forward for her comments.
    After that starting 7th of April we will do some club and CACIB shows in Hungary, hopefully for his championship.
    Until now he has won 3 Best Puppy of breed, 7 Best Junior, and 3 BOB. - so he is a Junior Champion in our country (Romania).
    His breeder is from Hungary, and saw him live when he was 11 months, when those pictures were taken, and he really liked him. He showed him at that occasion under a very reputable judge in Europe, I don't know if he is known in USA, his name is LIAM MORAN from Ireland.

this is Jesse's mother at the World Dog show in POZNAN in 12. 11.2006 (432 labradors were shown that day)
    she got EXCELENT at Champion class

pluto is offline Senior Member

...it looks like he is stacked with his rear legs a bit to far back to give him good angles in the rear.
    If the dog's legs are extend farther back wouldnt it give an appearence of a straighter rear end as compared to them not being extended ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast