Carole Ann Coode, Warringan kennel research

Thread: Carole Ann Coode, Warringan kennel research

imported_josephine is offline Senior Member

DefaultCarole Ann Coode, Warringan kennel research

Hello.
    Carole Ann Coode will be the judge at the next Retriever specialty I will enter Jesse in, and I whant to do some research on her. Please can you give me some links of her kennel website.
    I know the best idea of what tipe of Labrador she likes, I can get from her book, "Labrador Retriever Today", and I hope I can buy it. So please if you could give me some useful links. Thank you.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

CaliforniaLabLover is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Carole Ann Coode, Warringan kennel research

She was very nice and extremely approachable when we showed to her in April of 2006 at only our 2nd show ever (the first one was a small all-breed show the weekend before, when Monty turned 6 months old) at the Labrador Retriever Club of Southern California specialty show. She ended up giving Monty 2nd out of a class of 12-14 puppies, I think? The first place went to a beautiful black boy that I believe was shown/owned by Dan Clark at Everwood Labradors (http://www.everwoodlabradors.com/index.html- I don't see him on their site). She mentioned that she liked a puppy who wasn't jumping all over her, if that helps at all?

Here is our photo from that show...

Yes, that is Mrs. Carole Coode on the left wearing the cream-color...I wasn't trying to edit her out of the photo, just me! Interesting to look back on these and see myself trying to learn how show photos are supposed to be taken, too!

Here is her "critique" from that day, which I just received:
    ...just six months yellow baby, sweet headed with excellent neck and lay of shoulder, well sprung ribs, topline, well turned stifle (his was slightly better than 1’s). Moved well.
    Oh, and if you get her book, take it with you...she'll be more than happy to sign it for you, I'm sure. They were actually selling her book at the above specialty show and I didn't get a chance to get it. I'll probably always regret that. :-\

~Julie, Rogue, Monty, and Eddy~

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon

nwlabs is offline Senior Member

Her kennel name is Warringah. She is a wonderful judge and a delight to show to. My Sass won her class at Potomac under her 10 years ago (I am OLD!!).

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

I was bummed I didn't get to meet her at the LRCSC specialty...we moved right before it. I just ordered her book, and used to read her chapter in the book edited by Heather Wiles-Fone over and over.

You can always get the LRCSC results from 4/2006 and review which dogs won. And if you get the LQ issue with the results, you can also read some of her comments on the dogs as well. I am assuming they are there...

Quote Originally Posted by CYNLABS
    You can always get the LRCSC results from 4/2006 and review which dogs won. And if you get the LQ issue with the results, you can also read some of her comments on the dogs as well. I am assuming they are there...
    Nope...still haven't been published in LQ, and I was told that the club hadn't received the comments yet for the other judge when I asked (since obviously I was interested, too) and so they didn't feel it was fair to publish one judge's critiques without the other. I was able to get the critiques this week via private e-mail (hence the critique above). Oh, and on the LRCSC website, when you click on 2006 specialty show results, you get the hunt test results. :-\

I also have never found a website for her dogs/kennel. The illusive Mrs. Coode, eh? LOL

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon

JP
    JP is offline Senior Member

Warringah is one of the top Labrador kennels in Great Britain. Although David and Carol owned Labradors while living in Australia and Malaysia, the kennel was established in 1974 when they settled in England. Initially based on the strong Lawnwoods lines, they have continually produced champions throughout the subsequent generations (and British champions are pretty rare, with an average of about 10 a year!). W. Harlech is probably their most famous dog as he won Crufts and went on to Group 2 in 1986.

Carol is a well known figure around/in the showring and has judged all over the world. As David works the dogs, they like an active Lab. I've always been impressed by Carole's computer-like mind which is visible in her reports.

PS: many of the top British kennels have no websites and don't really need paid publicity - kennel reviews in club Year Books and the odd page in the ILN with a nice photo. However, any Lab data base worth its salt will throw up pages worth of Warringahs.

Quote Originally Posted by JP
    PS: many of the top British kennels have no websites and don't really need paid publicity - kennel reviews in club Year Books and the odd page in the ILN with a nice photo. However, any Lab data base worth its salt will throw up pages worth of Warringahs.
    Man, I wish they would, though...for the rest of the world as well as us newbies! Sometimes, even a "picture speaks a thousand words." LOL I love to trace pedigrees, but I really like to "see" (I know, a picture isn't like having your hands on a dog) the dogs I find.