pluto@ 9 months
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [email protected] 9 months

pluto is offline Senior Member

Default[email protected] 9 months

Here are some of his stack pics (i know he isnt balanced in the pose but these were the best of the bunch that I clicked )!! I am quite satisfied with the way he is comming along and would love some opinions -

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

nwlabs is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: [email protected] 9 months

He is too stretched out in these pics. Could you adjust your device so that he might stand naturally and reshoot?

Quote Originally Posted by nwlabs
    He is too stretched out in these pics. Could you adjust your device so that he might stand naturally and reshoot?
    Actualy the Stacker was set up for his Father (thus the strech) I'll resize it and post the new pictures ASAP

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

I'm a novice, so don't rely on my opinion too much. I just hope I'll get corrected if I'm wrong. Pluto is a handsome pup, but to me, his upper arm does not have enough angle. It is almost on the same line as his lower arm, but these two bones should form about 135-degree angle. It looks better in the first photo when Pluto is leaning forward; it the second photo, it looks very straight probably because Pluto is leaning back. I love the third photo of Pluto, he's looking dashing.

gerst001 is offline Senior Member

Interesting...if I am looking at what you are talking about, it looks like the angle is about 145-150 degrees to my eyes. Your saying the dog should be a little more foward?

I think the dog looks very nice! Especially in pic 2. Toes are out in pic 1, but it was probably just for that picture frame.

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

;D

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

Novice here too. Would like to see pictures where he isn't so stretched because right now he looks like he is VERY straight in the stifle and I would want more angulation in the rear.

I also need some expert advice because when I look at the forearm assembly, the bone looks a little too vertical to me, but that could be due to the photo or me just not knowing what I am looking at.

He may also benefit from wagging his tail while shown because his croup looks pretty rounded...low tail set.

He has a nice expression though. Looks like those nice almond shaped eyes!

CaliforniaLabLover is offline Senior Member

He is really well-balanced and I think he's coming along nicely. He has a wonderful reach-of-neck, nice chest, and it looks like he has pretty good coat, too. Even if he has a slightly rounded croup and his angles are a bit straight, the fact that he's balanced will make all of the difference in the world- you should see how straight some of our top-winning (granted, not at specialty shows) labradors are in the United States!

~Julie, Rogue, Monty, and Eddy~

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon

nwlabs is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaLabLover
    Even if he has a slightly rounded croup and his angles are a bit straight, the fact that he's balanced will make all of the difference in the world- you should see how straight some of our top-winning (granted, not at specialty shows) labradors are in the United States!
    Just because they are winning...doesn't mean it is correct.

I like a balanced dog, but it sure needs to have some angulation!!

Thanx to all for their opinions , the BACKS in our lines are probably the last to develop however i will most likely fall short of expectations when it comes to what type of Angles I would have liked , His brother (with a good freind) has slightly better angulation however we have to take into account that Both these dogs are only 9 months old and a lot will happen over the next 3-6 months . The front is a bit straight however I dont think it will effect the balance all that much , We are injecting new fronts into our lines so we'll see what happens with followup breedings.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast