Anyone going to Glen Rose or Dallas TX...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone going to Glen Rose or Dallas TX...

imported_Page is offline Senior Member

DefaultAnyone going to Glen Rose or Dallas TX...

...in January.

I'm thinking of taking Leo.
    I saw that the numbers were way down last year. Was something going on or are these shows dying??
    Leo needs majors so I am hoping these will draw enough dogs.
    What do the TX natives think???
    Page &amp; the gang - Leo, Dan, Reuben and Asher<br /><br />CH Feather Downs Guardian Angel RN CGC<br />CH Kai Den&#39;s Power Surge<br />Feather Downs A Fair Judge<br />Kai Den&#39;s Stormy Affair CGC

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ruff n tumble crew is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Anyone going to Glen Rose or Dallas TX...

I want to go, but it depends upon whether or not hubby goes on hunting trip that weekend or not. ??? I know that Celeste is planning on going and I suspect she will be taking a dog and a bitch. I'll let you know as time gets closer.

I'll be waiting on pins & needles.
    ...and tell hubby to go hunting later. Be the boss of him. olice:
    Page &amp; the gang - Leo, Dan, Reuben and Asher<br /><br />CH Feather Downs Guardian Angel RN CGC<br />CH Kai Den&#39;s Power Surge<br />Feather Downs A Fair Judge<br />Kai Den&#39;s Stormy Affair CGC

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Dove Dawg Mom is offline Junior Member

Page,

I've entered Novice OB Group A on Sunday for Glen Rose. If you need fodder for the numbers in conformation, I'm happy to run around the ring with my bitch.

I do have a few questions:

What are the real implications of "American Bred" vs "open"? You know, the meaning that is not printed in the AKC book. Anyway, my pup is 3, which class do I put her in?

If they pull out the tape measure to examine my bitch for being to small, do they measure all the bitches in that class?

What happens if Ob and Conformation happen at the same time?

She has all her teeth, and I think she is tall enough not to get DQed.

Oops I just reread your post. You're taking Leo - a dog. I guess I can't help your numbers. However I still have this obsession with conformation.

Dayna is offline Senior Member

I am not going because my bitch that just turned 9 months old is going thru a weird growing stage. And my other bitch does not turn 6 months until the next weekend. I am going to wait until both my bitches look nice before I spend more money going out of town. But I do know of at least 4 bitches from Oklahoma that will be going. And I know several from Texas that should be going. I know that they are hoping it makes a Major.
    I hope you all do well.
    Dayna

Quote Originally Posted by Dove Dawg Mom

I do have a few questions:

What are the real implications of "American Bred" vs "open"? You know, the meaning that is not printed in the AKC book. Anyway, my pup is 3, which class do I put her in?

If they pull out the tape measure to examine my bitch for being to small, do they measure all the bitches in that class?

What happens if Ob and Conformation happen at the same time?

She has all her teeth, and I think she is tall enough not to get DQed.

Oops I just reread your post. You're taking Leo - a dog. I guess I can't help your numbers. However I still have this obsession with conformation.

Sorry I didn't reply to you right away. I just read your post.

Typically the difference between Am Bred and Open is that the Open dogs are a bit more competitive, whether by maturity or experience. People also use Am Bred when they have multiple dogs and don't use handlers. I routinely put Dan in Am Bred and Leo in Open Yellow since they were both yellow dogs and I couldn't be in two places at once.
    Dan never once got WD out of Am Bred, but he already has both his majors after just two weekends in Open. Some judges give the Open and Bred By dogs a much harder look.

This is not written in stone though...these are just generalizations. Leo did win the points out of the Am Bred class the first time he ever showed, but I remember how shocked everyone was....from the ring steward, to the other competitors, to his own breeder. The first thing my breeder asked when I called her to say that Leo went WD was, "Did you have him in Open?? I thought you were going to enter him in Am Bred his first time out."

How tall is your bitch?? Unless she is very under, I would not worry about the judge dismissing her due to height.

Usually when there is a schedule conflict between conformation and obedience, you can talk to the obedience stewards and judges and they will be more flexible with you.

Also....any bitch is welcome to help pump the numbers. ;D
    Leo took WD/BOW in Houston a few months back and there was a major entry in bitches, but it broke by one or two. He would have had a major if the bitches entered had shown up since he took BOW.

Dayna is offline Senior Member

Page,

Did you see the number for Glen Rose?
    20 Dogs
    26 bitches
    3 Specials Dogs
    1 Veteran Dog

Which for Texas is a 3 point major for dogs ( takes 16 dogs in Texas for a 3 pts) and 3 pts major for bitches (takes 19 bitches for 3 pts). Hopefully it will hold for you in dogs.

I hope you have fun and good luck. I wish I could be there.
    Dayna

ruff n tumble crew is offline Senior Member

WOW!! Gotta love those numbers! I will be there....Boudreaux in BBE, and Charlie is the veteran. Who else is entered?

Dove Dawg Mom is offline Junior Member

Page,

Thanks for the info. I'll will look for you on Sunday. I've always liked your yellow boys!

Merry Christmas

DFWLab is offline Senior Member

Hello, i'm a new lab puppy owner and live in dallas, so this caught my eye. What show is in dallas in january, I would be interested in seeing it, could someone point me to some information on what this is?

Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast