Head type again

Thread: Head type again

WigWag Guest

DefaultHead type again

removed

I apologize. I thought it was fine since the dog was totally anonymous and this is the conformation section - not the "Oh what a cute dog" section. Just learning and sharing.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Head type again

Funny, I don't see the Rotti (though I often see in my own dog). I was a bit distracted by the flash, the muzzle seemed to lose all depth.

WigWag Guest

The muzzle really is that short. I think Rottie when I see a really round and big skull and a short muzzle and a coarse expression. He has bigger eyes than most Rotties which is better than some.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ZRL
    ZRL is offline Senior Member

I don't see rottie....

Zeke RN, agility miscreant and CGC failure

Buddysmom is offline Senior Member

I don't see Rottie, either. I think he looks a lot like Clint. Maybe a side view would help us see what you're seeing.

Eiderdowns That's My Buddy
    CDX, RE, WC, CGC, TDInc.
    Monnie

imported_Page is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by WigWag
    I just took some photos for friends - nothing formal as it was raining.* This is a new dog for them.* I really did not like his head type.* He has a big head with a round backskull, however his muzzle is extremely short and he has such a coarse expression.* I found it disturbing at how much he looks like a Rottweiler.
    :-X :-X
    Boy I hope your friends don't ever visit this site.* *
    Do they know you are posting pictures of their dog on a public forum as an example of bad breed type?
    Do they also think he has a Rottie head?

I'm not meaning to criticize you Sharon, but none of us has the perfect dog, and I would be very hurt if a friend of mine were to take pictures of one of my dogs and then post them with this type of criticism.

I'm sure you didn't post this to be hurtful, but I would be hurt and angry if one of my boys were the subject of a post like this.
    JMO.

Page &amp; the gang - Leo, Dan, Reuben and Asher<br /><br />CH Feather Downs Guardian Angel RN CGC<br />CH Kai Den&#39;s Power Surge<br />Feather Downs A Fair Judge<br />Kai Den&#39;s Stormy Affair CGC

Emma the Lab is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by buddysmom
    I don't see Rottie, either. I think he looks a lot like Clint. Maybe a side view would help us see what you're seeing.
    Monnie, I just thought the same thing when I saw this pic...

I think he is a very sweet dog.
    ~Veronica and Nikki~
    Sweet Emma, 16th of February 1996~26th of November 2010
    Always in my heart and soul. Together forever, my love....

Nikki 6 months

http://theblacklabrador.blogspot.com/

imported_Page is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by WigWag
    removed

I apologize. I thought it was fine since the dog was totally anonymous and this is the conformation section - not the "Oh what a cute dog" section. Just learning and sharing.
    I hope my post didn't upset you Sharon.
    I wasn't trying to stop a learning thread, I just know how these things can get around and I didn't want anyone to recognize this dog and send word to the owners. (It's possible ya know)

A long time ago, I posted a picture of one of my boys as a youngster and someone who recognized him began passing the picture around. It was all very harmless, but a few breeders made comments which got back to my breeder and the whole thing was blown WAY out of proportion. There were hurt feelings and a lot of e-mails back and forth for a few weeks.

I just didn't want you to make the same mistake I did. Except it was my dog I made the mistake with and not a friend's.

If you have your friend's knowledge and permission I think you should post any picture you want to.*
    Page &amp; the gang - Leo, Dan, Reuben and Asher<br /><br />CH Feather Downs Guardian Angel RN CGC<br />CH Kai Den&#39;s Power Surge<br />Feather Downs A Fair Judge<br />Kai Den&#39;s Stormy Affair CGC

Yuna is offline Senior Member

I actually appreciate this kind of thread. Being new to conformation I need as many examples as I can get. I don't really see a problem if the dog's anon. I'm sorry I missed the example.
    <br />Windanna&#039;s Fairy Floss