Congrats to Monty!!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Congrats to Monty!!!

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

DefaultCongrats to Monty!!!

On his RWD at the High Desert LRC Specialty!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Djc1249 is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Congrats to Monty!!!

Congratulations Julie and Monty!! How excited you must be
    <br />Did you say TREAT ?!?<br /><br />Tucker, 3 yrs. --- Tipper, 10 mos.<br />http://www.dogster.com/dogs/284460<br />http://www.dogster.com/dogs/715680

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

Congrats Monty!!!! Sounds like you had a good time.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

canUdigIt is offline Senior Member

Awesome news! Congratulations!

CaliforniaLabLover is offline Senior Member

Awww...shucks!* * Thanks you guys!!!* Definitely exciting, especially at a specialty show with a puppy, and a pretty big California major to boot! ;D*

Here is my synopsis of the weekend (long):
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Yesterday was a good day, with Libby getting her first leg toward her CD, in spite of me not having worked with her for 5 months or so, especially with the recent month off due to her left front leg acting up (she must have done something to her elbow racing around the pool the day before awakening with a severe limp).* Very exciting...we even had a "run-off" for 2nd and 3rd place- we took 2nd.

Monty took 1st in his 12-15 month puppy sweeps class under Mrs. Vonnie Russell (Hyspire), but was dumped in his regular class under Mrs. Kendall Herr (Dickendall)- she could really pick out all of the Dickendall dogs...though not all of her winners/placements were from her dogs, just most of them (including the BOB for both days- a very nice Clark son). My friend and I were joking around and made up a new name for Monty's placement in the sweeps winners class- he took "Reserve Best Opposite." LOL* Oh well. Still a big compliment coming from Vonnie.

Today, Libby ended up spooking at a prop in the photography area during my heel free exercise, which the judge, noticed right away and held everything up to have someone go and move the offending object, then allowed us to restart. We would have had a qualifying score except she NQ'ed on the sit-stay after standing up when the dog next to her did the same- they both just stood there through the rest (probably only about 15 seconds left...though of course in obedience it seems like an eternity) of the exercise.*

Monty took 2nd in his 12-15 month puppy sweeps class under Lisa DaRoss (Hyspire) today. I decided I wanted to see how he looked, since I've never had a chance to see him move and such myself, so I asked my friend's daughter to take him into the regular class for me.

She did, and he took 1st under Mrs. Susan Huntzinger (Riverlane)...and then he went on to get RWD to a major...at a specialty show!!!* Not bad for 12 months old! He even won one of those cool sports chairs with a table...which I've been saving up to buy for myself!

This specialty show was absolutely amazing...the silent auction and raffle were enormous (with great items, none of which I got...sigh), the daily *free* breakfast bar was a big hit, the daily *free* soup/sandwich (Sat) and soup/salad (Sun) bars were wonderful, and the exhibitors and judges were friendly and had a great time. I was very proud to be a part of this club!* They really know how to do it right!

~Julie, Rogue, Monty, and Eddy~

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon

JP
    JP is offline Senior Member

Well done, Julie and Monty... your cyber family is proud of you!

Emma the Lab is offline Senior Member

Congratulations Monty!!!!
    ~Veronica and Nikki~
    Sweet Emma, 16th of February 1996~26th of November 2010
    Always in my heart and soul. Together forever, my love....

Nikki 6 months

http://theblacklabrador.blogspot.com/

ruff n tumble crew is offline Senior Member

WOOOHOOOO!!!! Congratulations Julie! Sounds like you're on the right track. ;D

PirateLabs is offline Senior Member

Congrats and well done for just a teenager!
    Cheers
    Cheers,<br />Kim

CaliforniaLabLover is offline Senior Member

Thank you, everyone! We (well, "I"- my husband isn't quite sure what that even meant) are still walking in the clouds. What an honor that someone thinks my Montster is as cute as we do! ;D

Quote Originally Posted by JP
    Well done, Julie and Monty... your cyber family is proud of you!*
    Awww...thanks, JP! That means a lot!

~Julie, Rogue, Monty, and Eddy~

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast