The Podium Rocks !!

Thread: The Podium Rocks !!

JP
    JP is offline Senior Member

DefaultThe Podium Rocks !!

This weekend was the scene of our big two day Lausanne FCI Championship Show, just five minutes away from our home. As there is a new Veteran Ch. title on offer as from this year, we pulled Toby out of the closet and had a great two days. I have never seen this many veterans at a champion show - the new title really is a carrot to the rescue of falling entries.

On Saturday, he was awarded his third Vet. CAC to become a Champion. And, on Sunday, he competed with about 60 veteran winners in the main ring. All the old glories were on parade and eyes were misting over. The judge cut straight down to 7, mainly the showy movers with fur: the Malamute, the Afghan, the Samoyed, the Standard Poodle, the Tibetan Terrier, the Peke... and the LAB!! Something just clicked and I knew Dan had to pull out all the stops in this company. The old boy had a battery change and flew around the enormous ring, making the Malamute look cumbersome. OK, not very Labrador and not to be done in the breed ring... but it worked. There he is on the top step of the podium... and he jumped up there himself! Thought my heart would burst when they played the traditional "We are the Champions".

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Risk is offline Member

DefaultRe: The Podium Rocks !!

Huge congratulations to this superb win !!!!!! It is so hard to win the top spot in the big ring with a Lab, so this is such a special win, isn't it? Toby looks just great and it is obvious that he realy enjoyed it.
    Tina ... and Chance

Fallriver is offline Senior Member

Oh my gosh, what a huge thrill!!! He looks so proud of himself
    Stay on cloud nine as long as you can...there's nothing like it, is there 8)
    Dana

To err is human:To forgive, canine."
    - Anonymous

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

CaliforniaLabLover is offline Senior Member

WOW!!! Congratulations!!! ;D Toby looks fantastic- well-deserved wins/title for sure, and that top podium is *exactly* where a lab should be!

What fantastic news!

~Julie, Rogue, Monty, and Eddy~

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon

FrenchMaddie is offline Member

Well done, well done!
    Nicola, Milly, Coco and Blue!<br />&quot;No matter how little money and how few possessions you own, having a dog makes you rich&quot; - Louis Sabin<br />

lab addict is offline Senior Member

I am glad Toby is "out of the closet" ;D Congratulations. Toby looks so pleased with himslef on the podium, well done!

Buddysmom is offline Senior Member

;D Congratulations.

Eiderdowns That's My Buddy
    CDX, RE, WC, CGC, TDInc.
    Monnie

yellwlab is offline Member

Congratulations! I *love* the way Toby is looking at Dan; clearly saying, "we did it, Dad!" I'm all misty

PirateLabs is offline Senior Member

Toby to Dan: " ;D" see, nothing to worry about mate, had it in my pocket all along. So, where is the steak dinner you promised?"

Congrats, well done, that was alot of hair to beat but glad good old fashion functionable handsome Labrador won the day!
    Cheers,<br />Kim

ruff n tumble crew is offline Senior Member

Oh wow!! I've been AWOL for a few days, but CONGRATULATIONS! It's really special when it's done with the senior citizen. ;D