Growing Up Grace
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Growing Up Grace

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

DefaultGrowing Up Grace

I thought I would share a photo progression of my little chocolate bitch that I am showing...we're in the ring this weekend first time in OPEN chocolate... She's Wynmar's Just Like Heaven, CGC

Not quite 8 weeks...but looking quite nice.

10 weeks +/- still holding it together

about 4 months

about 6 month...eek... not too pretty!

1 year...

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ZRL
    ZRL is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Growing Up Grace

Since I am new when it comes to conformation, would you mind explaining whats "wrong" with her at 6mos? I have a "novice eye" and I can't see it, lol.

I definitely do see a change between 6mos and 1yr though....

Zeke RN, agility miscreant and CGC failure

For me, and probably because I knew her during that stage, she was just thin and had a bad coat. And her tail really dipped...the croup was (and unfortunately still seems to be...) a bit low. When we get her wagging, you don't see it, but even in the yr. photo, I hate it.

I would welcome any other comments...

I'll let you know how she does this weekend.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

WigWag Guest

Oh the poor dear - you took her photo when she was nekkid! Seriously you can tell she is completely out of coat in the 6 month photo. I really like her rear angles in the puppy photos - 8 weeks and 4 months. In her year old photo you can't see her rear well since she is stretched and kind of roached in the back - not leaning forward enough and that's because she was hand stacked. She has an upright shoulder and that is evident in all the photos but she is well balanced and short coupled and has a very pretty head. I would like to see a photo of her free baiting with her head up and her feet more naturally positioned. Is she in coat now? Give it a try.

Cinder4evr is offline Senior Member

You're in Colorado Springs? Where are you showing this wekend? Is it in Denver Metro?

The show is in Greeley.

She hasn't gotten her coat back in since she blew it in June. It's starting to cool down here in CO, so I have been threatening to make her sleep in her crate outside to bring that coat in! LOL

I am going to try to get some new picures of her soon, I need my hubby to help, and you know how they are ...no help at all!

Can you explain the upright shoulder? I don't quite understand what it is supposed to look like vs. what it does look like....

Buddysmom is offline Senior Member

I love the first 3 pictures. To me she is gorgeous in the 4 month picture. I would like to see more rear on her in the last couple. Hopefully, it will come in as she ages and muscles up.

Eiderdowns That's My Buddy
    CDX, RE, WC, CGC, TDInc.
    Monnie

WigWag Guest

My Wigeon has a bit of an upright shoulder too.* Oh well I know what to look for in a stud dog.

So here is Grace - see the line that runs from her shoulder blades to her front?* That line should "lay back" farther.

This boy (CH Big Sky's Stone Kutter) has a great shoulder and front assembly.* Nice shoulder layback and good upper arm as well.* Often a dog with an upright shoulder will have a short/upright upper arm as well - that is the smaller line on the bottom. He's a BC too - might be a good match!

canUdigIt is offline Senior Member

Really Sharon? I personally don't care for that front. The elbows are supposed to line up with the point of shoulder no? Is it not supposed to be close to a 90 degree angle? I personally like Grace's front much better then that boy's.

I think my Owe'n had a nice front, not overdone or too much forechest. No comments on the rest of him...but I would like to take his front and stick it on Roo! We all create our vision of 'perfect'.

WigWag Guest

Really Sharon? I personally don't care for that front.
    Well of course everyone is entitled to their opinion and beauty and "perfection" is in the eye of the beholder. I am going by the opinions and expertise of people I know (from talking and seminars as well) who have been breeding for a long time and strive to produce that well laid back shoulder. Many breeders I know are really hung up on shoulders and how very few have "correct" placement. This boy is one that they all agree does have good shoulders.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast