Does anyone else have dogs who do strange things in the show ring?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone else have dogs who do strange things in the show ring?

CaliforniaLabLover is offline Senior Member

DefaultDoes anyone else have dogs who do strange things in the show ring?

Dangers of showing a clown
    This is what happens when Monty gets really excited- he does this before he even starts to think about butt-tucking...pulls his ears back, lowers is tail and does that almost submissive low, between-the-legs type of wag.* We normally correct him for this (for obvious reasons), but nobody seems to understand what we mean when we tell them that he likes to grab shorts/pants/skirts and dance around you, so we had to capture it on video (just informal videos at home)...He just gets so incredibly pleased with himself! It cracks me up... bad habit, but had to share!

monty tugging john's shorts3.avi

monty tugging john's shorts2.avi

monty tugging john's shorts1.avi

As I've found recently, it makes it pretty hazardous to enter the show ring wearing a skirt with an elastic-waistband!* * I think I may have to put draw-strings in that one just in case!* LOL*
    Thank goodness he's pretty good about "leave it!"*

These guys never fail to make me laugh... what a great thing to come home to after a hard day at work!*

~Julie, Rogue, Monty, and Eddy~

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Fallriver is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Does anyone else have dogs who do strange things in the show ring?

Oh my gosh, could you imagine being 'pantsed' in the ring by your dog? That is too cute, I wouldn't change it for the world ;D
    When I showed Aaron in junior puppy for his first outing, I unwittingly wore a skirt that had a leather tie up the side and two small leather strings dangling down. Well, every time I moved him out, he would run on his hind legs only and try to catch the string with his two front paws....priceless
    Dana

To err is human:To forgive, canine."
    - Anonymous

Labsrme is offline Senior Member

That's funny! My Emma (black girl) does the very same thing! I have also discouraged her, as I don't want her actions to be misconstrued - especially by a non-dog person. I've gotta admit, I think it is cute, though!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

Those shots are priceless. Grace wiggles like that all the time, thankfully she doesn't grab our pants. Monty looks great though.

CaliforniaLabLover is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by FallRiver
    When I showed Aaron in junior puppy for his first outing, I unwittingly wore a skirt that had a leather tie up the side and two small leather strings dangling down.* Well, every time I moved him out, he would run on his hind legs only and try to catch the string with his two front paws....priceless*
    I can absolutely picture that from your description...how funny! I'll bet he had the judges laughing when they found out what he was after! Too cute, these puppies! Makes you wonder what they'll be like as adults sometimes, doesn't it?

~Julie, Rogue, Monty, and Eddy~

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon

Jasmine Dream is offline Senior Member

those videos are great...

that is exactly what jazz does every time i come home from work.. they just cannot contain themselves

Twinpond's Jasmine "Jazz" Dream
    Born 12.31.04

Visit Jazz's Web Site

PhoebeJeebies is offline Senior Member

That is adorable! Look at the little wiggle butt! ;D
    Becca & Phoebe

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaLabLover
    As I've found recently, it makes it pretty hazardous to enter the show ring wearing a skirt with an elastic-waistband!* *
    Ah...that would be the infamous "Full Monty" move.

That's too funny. If I were your husband, I'd be a little worried about Monty accidentally grabbing something more than just shorts.

WigWag Guest

Ah that is a "cuffyism" along with unexpectedly poking crotches and butts, wriggling against you, and trying to go in between your legs all of which drive me nuts!

theoconbrio is offline Senior Member

OMG that is so stinkin' cute! I LOVE the full-body wag. It's probably yet another undesirable behavior that I would have trouble curbing because it would make me laugh.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast