Thread: what do you think??

Defaultwhat do you think??

he's 11 months old...

[attachment deleted by admin]

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: what do you think??

Tried to go to the webpage in the signature...it highjacked my browser and I recieved about three firewall and other security notices. Just warning others.

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

I got there and had no problems but had problems navigating cuz I don't know what looked like Italian.

The dog is nice, but makes me wonder if there is a slightly different standard in other countries.* I don't think this dog would do well in the American ring, though at 10 months it can still develop into a stronger looking animal.* The coat seems a bit thin...

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Italy should follow FCI standard i belielve!!

Quote Originally Posted by CYNLABS
    I got there and had no problems but had problems navigating cuz I don't know what looked like Italian.

The dog is nice, but makes me wonder if there is a slightly different standard in other countries.* I don't think this dog would do well in the American ring, though at 10 months it can still develop into a stronger looking animal.* The coat seems a bit thin...
    the standard should be the same, but looking pics on this forum i notice too a lot a little differences compared with italian lab...
    in italian ring (only 5 expos) he did 2 time 1° and 1 time 3° with very promitted (have you the same?) in juniores class, 1 time 3° with good and 1 time 3° with very good in young class

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

In the US, the dogs are in their classes--6-9months, 9-12months, 12-18months, Open (adult), and then some special categories. This of course is for males and females each. Then in each class, they are awarded 1st - 4th place. So it sounds like the shows may be held slightly different.

You had some good wins, and of course your dog is young. Some labs develop late too. My girl that I show recently lost her coat and it just hasn't come back in yet. She has gotten 1st and 2nd places in her classes, and now is ready to go into the adult class. But I don't know how she will due with her crummy coat.

It looks like expo in italy: we have these classes
    puppy 4-6 months (not in every expo)
    juniores 6-9 months
    young 9-18 months
    behind class (i don't know how to translate, sorry) 15-24 months (only for expo with only retrievers)
    open older than 15-18 months
    work for dogs who won at least 1good valutation in work test (retrieve)

and these are the valutation:
    excellent
    very good
    good
    quite good

only for puppy and junior classes:
    very promitted
    promitted
    not very promitted