HEADS!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HEADS!!

DefaultHEADS!!

I was interested to discuss the topic of heads and hopefully want to learn what and how does a head develop in size over the age of the dog . I originally wanted to start a thread to get opinions how the other informed members feel PLUTO's head is going to come up with age , however i want to broaden the scope of the discussion to head sizes and types . I would love to get views of members on what type of heads they like and why , and what is an ideal head size which maximizes expression of a labrador .

Here are some of pluto's head pics , if you guys could give me opinions on how do you think his head is going to grow out .

He's about a week shy of 7 months in these photos .!!

BTW Pluto's a bit dissapointed that he got demoted to a DWARF PLANET :-[ :'( :'(

I hope a lot of members post pics of there ideal head!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

CaliforniaLabLover is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: HEADS!!

This is one of my favorite heads of all time...I have loved this photo since I first started getting into training my pet-bred girl for obedience/rally and started to entertain thoughts of getting a conformation dog to show.* I can't explain it, but I think Scotty's head is gorgeous!* *

This is Ch. Veyatie Barra, who can be seen at http://www.hyspire.com/scotty.html

I really like some of the Lobuff dog heads as well...like Ch. Lobuff's Bare Necessities (who I can't seem to find a photo of right now).

JP actually has a black veteran stud dog that some photos have been posted of before whose face I adore, too.....JP, can you post those photos of that boy of yours again?

~Julie, Rogue, Monty, and Eddy~

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon

Heads are my pet peeve, at 2 years old, Ruby's head is just GORGEOUS! If only I had known this is what it was going to look like while complaining how awful her head was! Now it is sweet and feminine!

Heads are the last thing to come on a dog, I've been told that for...well...two years. Believe me!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

My boys head has really come around in the last couple of months (between 9-12 months). It has become much broader and filled out. I look forward to seeing what happens over the next 6 months! I personally prefer the blockier heads which provide lots of expression.

I think your Pluto is going to have a nice sized head - probably on the broader range.
    I LOVE Scotty's head - one of my favorites - can't ever find a body shot of him though.

Thx guys i really appreciate your responses - I like a wide varity of heads ranging from scott's to some others that i am posting -

This is my pups sire Henning Mills Common Market. I love his head and his eyes.

This is Ch Sounders Hear Me Roar - just love his head and expression. I'm a bit biased though - it's my Ty's sire:

labby is offline Senior Member

I don't like Scotty's head. Or maybe its just his expression. His eyes look round and he doesn't have that "melt me" look. To me he has a mean look.

Compare that to say Striker's head

Laura

that is true labby however it could also be that scotty is far more intense looking in that pic due to the expression that he is spotting with the forehead there , a much more relaxed pic might turn out to be true , also the effect of light yellow coupled with dark pigmentation around the eye helps and adds that MELT factor that everyone including myself love ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast