HEADS!! - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: HEADS!!

labby is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: HEADS!!

Scotty may or may not "be harsh", but IMO in that picture he looks that way. Its not the type of look I look for. Remember, different strokes. What I like in a head, might not be what anyone else likes in a head and vice versa.

Laura

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

That picture of Scotty reminded me of this picture of Frankie :

I love Frankie's head so far. He's almost 16 months so I suppose it's got some more changing to do :

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

Thanks for digging up the photos JP - The one of Toby by himself isn't that bad but next to his sister I would have definately chosed the sister!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

CaliforniaLabLover is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: HEADS!! For THREELABS....

Quote Originally Posted by JP

That photo is very interesting, JP...I sure like how that boy turned out.* He is probably one of my new favs since you first posted those photos!* Now, how did his sister turn out again?*

Julie - message received. Not everybody wants to hear criticisms on their dogs... where mine are concerned, please feel free to comment (good or bad) - opinions are always welcome.

Nah, I enjoy the critiques I hear about my own dogs, and have learned a ton that way!* I just found it strange how the conversation basically turned into a "that dog looks mean" when it could have been put as a "I just really prefer this type instead."* *Not that anyone really cares, since obviously very few of us own any of the dogs posted (and I highly doubt that those owners would be frequenting these boards), but when it comes down to critiques of others opinions, I think things could definitely be worded much more subjectively.* I guess I'm one of those people who tries to stick with the balance of "grants" to go with faults...learned from my days as a horse show judge.*

Amy- I have always, always loved Frankie's face, too.*
    He's a beautiful dog, overall!* He definitely looks more relaxed in that photo than the intense look above, but I, too, see a similarity.* This may make you laugh-* I remember when I first joined, I was going to ask you where you got him, except I noticed that I was reading in your signature that you were from as "California" when that wasn't the case at all!* LOL*

You're right, Labby- different strokes for different folks! I have a ton of "different strokes myself!"* LOL
    (And no, this is not intended to be an innuendo!)* *

~Julie, Rogue, Monty, and Eddy~

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

I remember when I first joined, I was going to ask you where you got him, except I noticed that I was reading in your signature that you were from as "California" when that wasn't the case at all! LOL
    LOL!!!!!!! Funny ;D

Actually, Califon was originally California but they shortened it waaaaay back in the early days.

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

JP

DefaultRe: HEADS!! For Julie....

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaLabLover
    That photo is very interesting, JP...I sure like how that boy turned out.* He is probably one of my new favs since you first posted those photos!* Now, how did his sister turn out again?*
    Julie – Missy’s head never changed, her instinct and intelligence are visible IMO. Here they are at 2 years old :

And on their 8th birthday :

I won’t bore you with any more photos, but would be interested to know if any other breeders find they can pick bitch heads early, but the well developed puppy boy’s head always seems to go over the top with maturity ? Is it only in the lines I’m using ?

I am better picking a bitch head, but probably because I have kept more of them. The boy heads are harder (to me) because it seems that they go through more changes.

CaliforniaLabLover is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: HEADS!! For Julie....

Quote Originally Posted by JP

Julie – Missy’s head never changed, her instinct and intelligence are visible IMO.
    Wow, JP... They are both stunning- That black and white photo is wonderful of the both of them! Very nice!

~Julie, Rogue, Monty, and Eddy~

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon

They are both lovely - really really nice heads and such a family resemblance but have to admit I do prefer Missy's.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123