OPINIONS!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OPINIONS!!

DefaultOPINIONS!!

Here is a pic of pluto's dad ( grewals Mouji ) . He is a Indian Champion with 4 BIS , 3 BOB an 6 CC .

I would love to get your opinions and critique .

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

CaliforniaLabLover is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: OPINIONS!!

Since nobody else is saying anything, I'll at least give my own novice opinion.

I think that overall he looks like a nice dog. Too straight in the front and rear (not as angled as I would like to see), and it is difficult to evaluate his topline or overall body shape with that photo's angle. He has a nice, soft facial expression with good pigment, good reach-of-neck, and looks like he has a nice prominent keel, though he doesn't look like he has as much "bone" or substance as most of the dogs I tend to see in my area. Many of the dogs I've seen recently at all-breed shows look a lot like him, but he typically wouldn't be enough dog for one of our specialty shows.

Now, let's see what the labrador "experts" say!

~Julie, Rogue, Monty, and Eddy~

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon

Unfortunately that is a bad angle to evaluate. From what I can see he has a nice substantial head - good reach of neck and lovely pigment. Not enough second thigh. Could use a better coat and he looks like he has a bit of a sloping croup. Do you have a straight on side picture?

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Fallriver is offline Senior Member

I think he has a lovely front, nice upper arm and lay of shoulder, judging by the pic. Short coupled dog, steep in croup which he's passed on to his son. A tad straight in the rear, but not too bad. Enough second thigh for me, from the pics. Certainly enough substance for me too...we don't want to get too sausage like ;D
    Personally, I couldn't live with the head, but I know lots that would. Ear set could also be a bit higher.
    Good structure overall...nice boy.
    Dana

To err is human:To forgive, canine."
    - Anonymous

WigWag Guest

I think he is a nice boy.* I love his head - looks like a kind expression and great pigment - those extra wrinkles appear to be from the lead pushing his skin up.* I don't think he is straight in the rear at all - he needs more thigh and thicker buns (muscle that runs from under his tail to his hock).* He has a really great front made up of a good shoulder layback, front forechest, and upper arm angle.* He is also short backed.* I would like to see a better topline (more level) and a higher tailset and more coat.* I also like how he is proportioned and not too short nor too tall.

thx wigwag i apreciate your opinion. The coat is in a bad shape ( is with all of our dogs) but it is really really hot and humid here this time of the year .

JP

I find him a very nice looking, typical Labrador with a really nice reach of neck. However, Pluto, it is very difficult for a European Lab enthusiast to assess a dog that is being strung up - since we only ever free bait on a slip lead which is kept as loose as possible. This allows a much better evaluation of head, throat and expression. It is difficult to tell from the photo but I am convinced that the slightly sloping topline is influenced by three factors: a strung up front (that chain seems to be taking some weight!), three-quarter photo angle and hyper-extension of the rear. That over-angulation is probably what motivated opinions that he is straight in the stifle - if his hind leg was allowed to fall naturally in place with his weight evenly distributed over all four feet, we would probably get a whole different stifle angulation.

That boy needs to be photographed standing naturally... in my humble opinion, he has what it takes to be able to strutt his own stuff... without any "help" from his handler!

Buddysmom is offline Senior Member

I think he is lovely. He has wonderful length of neck. I think his rear wouldn't appear so straight if he wasn't over stretched. His croup does appear a little steep from this angle. I love his head. Overall, I think he is a very nice dog, very deserving of this wins.

Eiderdowns That's My Buddy
    CDX, RE, WC, CGC, TDInc.
    Monnie

lab addict is offline Senior Member

I think he looks lovely. Would love to see a head shot and one of him freestanding.

lab addict is offline Senior Member

What is his breediing?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast