Pluto turns 6 months!!!

Thread: Pluto turns 6 months!!!

DefaultPluto turns 6 months!!!

Here some of his stack pics . Note - I havent yet started to food bait him and this is mostly stacking on command and the maximum alert he's going to get in this heat.

I know that the coat is in bad shape but it is close to 115 degrees here with almost 70% humidity . The back also looks kinda iffy but he's just at that stage of growth i guess..I'd welcome your opinions , He weighed in at 25Kg's and his hight at the withers is about 20 inches.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Pluto turns 6 months!!!

Can't give you any opinions on conformation since I don't know beans about that, but he is a cutie ;D Happy 6 mos. B-Day!

Fallriver is offline Senior Member

Was Pluto sold as a show prospect?* You can see there is lovely type there...good coat for this time of year, pleasing head and expression.* On the down side, he is pretty straight in the rear and has a short upper arm and steep shoulder.* This makes his neck look short and his back look long and he is also long in loin.* Also appears to have hare feet.* That funky thing that is happening in his croup might look better once he settles into his stifles more.* Because he is straight in the front and the rear, he is a balanced dog and he will probably move OK.
    Why haven't you started to bait him with food yet?* With young dogs, you must include lots of fun with stacking and you will get much better attitude and a better stack too.
    Here is a good little page on how fronts and rears affect the overal presence of the dog:

Dana

To err is human:To forgive, canine."
    - Anonymous

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Was Pluto sold as a show prospect?*
    He wasnt sold or anything. I took pluto out of brothers D litter . At the time there were 2 males that looked like they were promising and the family kept both of them , I took one and other one was retained by my brother.

Although* i intend on showing Pluto ( Grewal's Sweet sensation) my intentions were never to campaign really hard with him - I am not a regular shower of Labs and train and Show GSD's and Tibetan Mastiffs . i am Currently looking for another Lab from the blood lines that I want ( Mainly sandylands ) . I have a female that I like quite a bit (she's a UK,IND champion) and am waiting till she gets mated to one of the best labs in the country at the moment ( Lombardo Sable Blue) . Both the male and female really complement each other rather nicely and this is a repeat combo with the first litter claiming 2 champions and one really outstanding female.

Why haven't you started to bait him with food yet?* With young dogs, you must include lots of fun with stacking and you will get much better attitude and a better stack too.
    Currently I bait him with toys and a helper but I also sometimes use food although i want to teach him to do free stack as Food baiting although not illegal isnt all that popular in my neck of the woods.

I appreciate your comments!!

Points to Dana, what she said.
    I bet this puppy will change alot in the next year to 18 months

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLabs
    Points to Dana, what she said.
    I bet this puppy will change alot in the next year to 18 months
    Hopefully for the good!! ;D

Fallriver is offline Senior Member

It can be painful looking at the puppers!! I would still practice baiting with food to keep his attitude up, even if you aren't encouraged to bring it in the ring. You can't bring food into the obedience ring either, but most trainers use food to create drive and enthusiasm!
    Enjoy your puppy...they grow much too fast
    Dana

To err is human:To forgive, canine."
    - Anonymous