Conformation Certificate

Thread: Conformation Certificate

DefaultConformation Certificate

I posted this on another forum, and after 24 hours, no replys. So I thought I'd post it here, hopefully someone here can help!!

Can someone explain this to me? I read about it on the LRC website and saw a copy of the evaluation sheet. But what is this for?

I was wondering if this is something I should try to get on a couple of my dogs, as I know that I really don't have alot of time to dedicate to going to shows. Nor do I have a ton of $$ to pay for a handler.

Would this be a good alternative?

And what type of shows offer this?? Allbreed or just speciality?

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: Conformation Certificate

Is it a critique or a competition?

Here is a link that explains it more, I just found it.

http://www.thelabradorclub.com/certi...uidelines.html

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

The only time I've seen the CC offered is at the national. I did it with Darwin just for my own benifit, knowing he's not "enough" for the AKC breed ring but he actually is correct according to the standard.

Basically the judges go over your dog just as in a show and mark whether or not they adhere to the standard in each area. Afterwards they add up all the point and if your total is high enough, you pass and they send you a certificate.

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

It's something clubs offer, that's run through the LRC.* It's kinda of like the WC/WCX they offer which identifies working ability in the field.*

They just do a critique of your dog to see if it "looks like a lab" and how close to standard it is.* The last time I saw any club do it in my area was in conjunction with a hunt test.* I would have liked to do it, just to do it, but I couldn't make the event.

It's not really worth anything and not comparable to showing your dog, but fun to have, if you get what I mean.

So you won't probaby won't find this at an all breed, but possibly a specilaty, more likely a hunt test, fun day or match.* Something like that.

If your dog is worth anything conformation wise, it doesn't take alot of time and money to learn how to show the dog.* So many people worry about handlers, my opinion with my dog is that she is nice, I want to learn, I took some handling classes, do drop in classes on occaison, and take her in the ring myself.* We've gotten some firsts and seconds, no WB yet.* But at a match we got BOB and 2nd in Group, so that was fun.* I think it's MORE fun to do it yourself because you have that bonding with your dog.