Stacking
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stacking

DefaultStacking

Comments please.* Addy is going back in our show in a few weeks my friend Cindi will be handling her she CH her own boy and she has had all the pro lessons, she also owns Addy's brother Duncan who will come out next year he is still maturing but WOW
    Addy 2 yrs is still not happy with this part of the dog world.* Next time I am going to* see if the bumper will get her tail up* :

Starting with the little guy Colt 5 months at least there is no problem with his tail it never stops

Not forgotten is big boy Nitro easty - westy feet and "gay" tail he is a happy boy, most happy in the field ;D

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Stacking

OK, this is my novice take on it, so bear with me.

Addy doesn't look comfortable, something about her back, maybe it's the tail. Looks the same from both sides. Maybe she is a little long. I LOVE her front though, and what a nice expression. Looks like she has nice toes too. You said wasn't happy, maybe that's the tenseness I see in her rear.

Colt looks nice, though you can see he can use some time to mature physically. He would have been better presented with his back legs stacked better, but overall, I think he was very nice.

Are they related, they seem to have similar heads.

Addy being opposed could have started in obedience she was so intense on visiting we had to be very firm with STAND/STAY, nope she is not long very compact.
    Colt we will be working on he was so intent on moving forward to get the food
    No relation between them.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

She's either really low in the croup OR she is roaching. Its hard to tell in a still photo, one would need to see her relaxed and moving to decide. Love the pigment on your dark boy puppy, he has a lovely head and expression. Body wise, its a bad age, he looks like he is starting the 'teens' stage.
    Cheers

Does she like feathers? Have the handler use a small wing to get her excited.

Marley used to be so serious in the ring and while her tail worked, she would pin her ears back. I used the clicker and she learned "Ears" and I can always get them forward when it counts if she slips back into serious mode. 8) Also, I mainly free bait/free stack...maybe Addy doesn't like to be handstacked? You could try freebaiting her.

Thanks Peggy, I'll try a wing and see what happens. With the bumper she just contains herself for a short period and lunges for it and then the tail goes :
    Clicher to Tail might be an option, she isn't a bitch for no reason

The clicker to cue her to wag might work. I taught a friend's dog that way. I used "Where's your tail?" So it seemed less like a command in the ring. It worked and her dog never looked like she didn't want to be in the ring again.

Quote Originally Posted by nwlabs
    The clicker to cue her to wag might work.* I taught a friend's dog that way.* I used "Where's your tail?" So it seemed less like a command in the ring.* It worked and her dog never looked like she didn't want to be in the ring again.*
    Hey, can I bring Nine over so you can teach her too? ;D

Quote Originally Posted by yellwlab
    Hey, can I bring Nine over so you can teach her too?* ;D
    Sure...

lab addict is offline Senior Member

Good luck at the show. Colt has such a sweet head, he reminds me of Ruby.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast