The first annual HDLRC (CA) Specialty Shows Announcement for November

Thread: The first annual HDLRC (CA) Specialty Shows Announcement for November

CaliforniaLabLover is offline Senior Member

DefaultThe first annual HDLRC (CA) Specialty Shows Announcement for November

High Desert Labrador Retriever Club of CA, Inc.
    Specialty Shows and All Breed Obedience Trials
    November 11 and 12, 2006 (Back to back w/ Bare Bones on 11/12/06)
    Show Location:* Marie Kerr Park – Palmdale, CA
    Show Secretary:* Sharon Licciardi (661) 273-1240

Conformation:
    Kendall Herr
    June Sasaki

Sweepstakes:
    Lisa Daross
    Vonnie Russell

Obedience:
    Suzanne Hemminger
    Shirley Indelicato

Juniors:
    Adrienne Hill
    Sue Klinckhardt-Gardner
    ======================================
    This is really exciting, and we were all given the "go-ahead" to share the judges list via the club e-mailing this evening.* * I'm really excited for the entire club- this has been a long time coming* (though I've only been a member for a bit over a year I think- I feel like I've known everyone for years!).*

Please spread the information to anyone you think may be interested!*

~Julie, Rogue, Monty, and Eddy~

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: The first annual HDLRC (CA) Specialty Shows Announcement for November

That's great, Julie! Hope it all goes without a hitch.

theoconbrio is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: The first annual HDLRC (CA) Specialty Shows Announcement for November

That's great! I so want to come to this. Hmmm, it's only 375 miles...

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

Nathan, you should come to the Golden Gate Specialty in October. It's in Pleasanton. Julie mentioned that she might be there, too. I think I'm coming, too. It would be fun te meet fellow JL'ers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatyana
    Nathan, you should come to the Golden Gate Specialty in October. It's in Pleasanton.* Julie mentioned that she might be there, too. I think I'm coming, too. It would be fun te meet fellow JL'ers.
    Oh, I already plan to be there! That's only an hour's drive for me. Hope you guys do come; it would be great to meet you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatyana
    Nathan, you should come to the Golden Gate Specialty in October. It's in Pleasanton.* Julie mentioned that she might be there, too. I think I'm coming, too. It would be fun te meet fellow JL'ers.
    You bet! I have already requested the dates off for the GGLRC specialty and the supported-entry shows following it. I'm on the sidelines, waiting to hear more about something Libby may have planned for the weekend of the SVLRC specialty show at the beginning of September, before deciding yea/nay on that one... but Golden Gate is in, and I may be bringing along a friend's beautiful yellow bitch to show in Open Yellow Bitches, too. She can't get the time off, but her girl should be in full coat by then. We'll see how it goes.

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon

The problem with both of these specialties is that if I go, I will end up on the list for a Shadowbrook dog. (Almost happened last time; I had to control myself by thinking of the Wrath of SU.)

Quote Originally Posted by theoconbrio
    The problem with both of these specialties is that if I go, I will end up on the list for a Shadowbrook dog. (Almost happened last time; I had to control myself by thinking of the Wrath of SU.)
    Monty says that being on their list wouldn't be a bad thing.

I am hoping to come and compete in obedience with Amber. I just hope everyone doesn't laugh at my poor definately not confirmation quality Amber. Will you have Rally? and when are you going to ave a hunting trial or a tracking trial??? How do I get on the Premium list? ohhh so many questions..

Kelly G and Amber CGC
    Chino Ca.

Quote Originally Posted by Kzunell
    * I am hoping to come and compete in obedience with Amber. I just hope everyone doesn't laugh at my poor definately not confirmation quality Amber.* *Will you have Rally? and when are you going to ave a hunting trial or a tracking trial???* How do I get on the Premium list? ohhh so many questions..
    Kelly G and Amber CGC
    Chino Ca.
    Kelly- don't worry. If I bring Libby with me, you will see a dog who is anything but a conformation dog- there are lots of non-conformation dogs who compete in the performance events (many more non-conformation dogs seem to show in these classes around here than conformation dogs do- it gives us something to do for bonding and achievement with our pet-bred labs). Libby is an absolute doll, and I love her dearly, but she is also one of the first dogs used around here in a conformation "lecture" with regards to faults when comparing to conformation standards.

I don't think we're having rally for this first year- we want to get everything else going first to see how it all runs, smooth out the "wrinkles" before starting to set up rally courses and other things. We're also starting to look into starting up classes for JH-type handling. Those will probably start in the fall.

For a premium list, you'd want to contact the show secretary, Sharon Licciardi at the phone number above or at this e-mail address: [email protected] ...the flier for the specialty shows can be seen here: http://www.west-point.org/family/hdl...alty/flier.pdf

It has a lot of information there, too.