Illustrated Standard

Thread: Illustrated Standard

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

DefaultIllustrated Standard

Do you think an Illustrated Standard is $12 well spent? I am interested in learning more about Lab conformation and it would be nice to have some picture to associate with all those descriptions in the standard. LINKY

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

WigWag Guest

DefaultRe: Illustrated Standard

No I don't. I'm willing to help. We have to keep it to private emals when using actual photos of other people's dogs and commenting on them.

JP

Tatyana - Sharon's suggestion is a good one but, in case you weren't aware, the Canadian Lab Club has an illustrated standard on line for free:
    http://www.labrador-canada.com/lrccstd.pdf

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Canyon Labradors is offline Senior Member

I got one free when joing the LRC, but while nice to have, it's really not as helpful as looking at real dogs.

I think that is why it is good to share pictures of less then perfect (who is perfect anyways) dogs with newbies. I am a newbie and I always appreciate it when people give me a critique of my dogs, poss and negative.

Quote Originally Posted by luvmydogz2much
    I think that is why it is good to share pictures of less then perfect (who is perfect anyways) dogs with newbies. I am a newbie and I always appreciate it when people give me a critique of my dogs, poss and negative.
    I agree, I really enjoy seeing pictures with critiques.* It is a great way to learn more.

I do. I found it quite useful while I was learning all the terms. I was able to see the diagram and then compare it with a photo so I knew what I was looking at or for. Once I felt I had all the pieces and parts down, I was able to apply that knowledge to real dogs (on the paws and in photos).

I think it's useful. Has most of the same pictures as the Canadian one. Everyone can read the same words and look at the same pictures but their interpretation is going to be different. Nothing beats getting your hands on a dog and having someone knowledgable teach you.