The Ugly Duckling scores again!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Ugly Duckling scores again!

JP

DefaultThe Ugly Duckling scores again!

Surprise, surprise... we went to a National Championship All Breed Show on Sunday with rump high little Jojo and veteran Toby, both molting profusely. In an entry of 60 Labs, Toby won CAC and Best Veteran of Breed - at least the old boy was really looking good.

Miss high bum went Best Puppy of Breed, then amazingly made the cut to the final six in the main BIS ring (out of some 50 puppies). Believe me, it was purely a triumph of attitude demonstration!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

DefaultRe: The Ugly Duckling scores again!

Well even though they are "Molting" ;D* they are beautiful dogs !!! Congratulations to all of you !!!!

lab addict is offline Senior Member

oh please......if that gorgeous Jojo is an ugly duckling, I would hate to even begin to think what Matilda is ;D Jojo looks stunning in that photo!

Congratulations on your wins!

What is CAC? Toby looks fantastic!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

WigWag Guest

They do both look terrific and they both have such wonderful smiles - so true to their breed. I love their tails (admittedly I have a thing for tails ).

JP

Hey Kirsten, that's why I posted that photo - I gave the Nikon a kiss! She seems to be coming slowly back together again, although I wouldn't exactly call her balanced just now. Three weeks ago, we wouldn't even have gone to the show! The nice part is seeing her self assurance in spite of loudspeakers blaring, a Bernese Mountain Dog pulling baby Berner in a sleigh to introduce the different groups, people clapping, volatile mini puppies yapping all around her heels... and the dumb speaker introducing her as a Golden Retriever!!! Still not sure she deserved to be in the lineup... but no complaints!

CAC is Certificate of Aptitude for Championship, i.e. the European equivalent of the British CC. Actually, up to this year, we only used to get one per sex, but now, we have two new titles on offer: Junior Champ and Veteran Champ. It doesn't really mean much for an already titled dog, but it will be fun to campaign him again! He's a pretty amazing old geezer and I think he looks better than ever... and his Dad is beaming!

Sharon - thanks, your opinion counts.

They look *lovely* JP..............what a nice outing!

jzgrlduff is offline Senior Member

Beautiful pictures and congratulations!!

"Each is a creature of Earth and is entitled to reside on it with dignity"

Congratulations JP! Toby looks great - nice to see a Veteran looking in such good shape. Every time you post pics the first thing I think of is - nice looking front!

CaliforniaLabLover is offline Senior Member

Gorgeous as always...I agree- nice front-ends on both of them! And, wonderful tails, too!

Congratulations!!!

~Julie, Rogue, Monty, and Eddy~

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon

yah, some ugly ducklings those...look when you have more of those, send them my way...
    Congrats...great outing!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast