Puppers at 7 Months
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Puppers at 7 Months

Fallriver is offline Senior Member

DefaultPuppers at 7 Months

Well, here are my two littermates at 7 months.* If you recall, the girl was 'less than spectacular' and I even asked them to stop sending pictures of her as it hurt to look at her* :P
    I saw her in person last month and was amazed at the change.* She is quite busy though and this is the only pic I got of her.* She is not straight in the front, despite what the pic says.* She will likely still not turn out, but I must say the change is nothing short of miraculous!
    Remember this one from a few months ago?

Well, now she looks a tad better (she is in front of her brother here):

And here is Aaron at 7 months, patiently waiting for the day when he fills out and can go in the ring*

Dana

To err is human:To forgive, canine."
    - Anonymous

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

WigWag Guest

DefaultRe: Puppers at 7 Months

Wow she sure is changing!

If you want to email me privately I will send you a 4 month old photo of Clint and one of him at 15 months and one at 3 years old - it is far too embarrassing to post his puppy pic here! Talk about sloooooooooooow to mature!
    [email protected]

JP

That's a stunning photo of Aaron. When he fills out, he sure should kick some serious aßß.. correctly put together and as clean as a whistle.
    His sister is still one pace behind but, boy, is she making strides!

Sharon - you won't persuade me that Clint was ever an ugly duckling... so roll the photos out!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

I would be showing Aaron now at select shows - nicely built, clean lines, gorgeous reach of neck. And yes, his sister is much improved!

"Trust to Hope "

You might be surprised with the bitch Dana....I won't be letting them spay her just yet
    Cheers

They look Great Dana!! What a difference a few months makes!

Sharon...post the pics. Some of us already know about *slow to mature* lines all too well!!

lab addict is offline Senior Member

They look great! Aaron is beautiful.

CaliforniaLabLover is offline Senior Member

I think Aaron is stunning...I love his butt! Oh, and his front!!! And his neck.... I think he looks great!

Didn't you mention at one time that he's been raised on raw? What differences are you seeing?

~Julie, Rogue, Monty, and Eddy~

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon

Fallriver is offline Senior Member

When he fills out, he sure should kick some serious aßß
    JP, I take your uncharacteristically ineloquent comment as a compliment....thank you* ;D

I would be showing Aaron now at select shows - nicely built, clean lines, gorgeous reach of neck. And yes, his sister is much improved!
    Well, I am off to a specialty this weekend but he will just be a passenger as the judge likes larger dogs with moderate angulation.* As for showing him in all-breed shows here, we'll have to see.* If you are familiar with the Corhampton and Lindenhall lines, we are saturated with them where I live and he is of very different type and sticks out like a sore thumb!* I think I need him at his best to convince the judge to move away from typical all-breed dogs (not that there's anything wrong with that!)
    He will be shown as a senior puppy under Joyce Love and Virginia Lyne...they may like him.

You might be surprised with the bitch Dana....I won't be letting them spay her just yet*
    Kim, you're my hero.* I'm going to consult with you on each and every litter now and won't make a move without the all-knowing Pirate!* You are the ONLY one that saw any good in her after that horrible pic and so far you are right as rain.* I won't make a decision on her until she's two and her family can have some fun showing her soon.

Didn't you mention at one time that he's been raised on raw? What differences are you seeing?*
    The differences I see are in the young puppies....they are just not as pudgy.* In fact, when I posted their pics here, several people though they were too thin, but it is just the lack of the fluffy fat (that's the best way I can explain it!)
    Not only is this a slow to mature line, but growing on raw slows them down too.
    Here is a pic of one of my girls at 5 months...like Aaron, she's just plain weedy

and at a year she's starting to look like something

You can see the lack of fat at 5 months and she was eating as much as my 95# male at that point.* I guess you have to be patient on raw.
    The most peculiar thing I see is that they seem to grow more evenly.* I don't know if it was just luck, but of the 6 puppies of mine raised on raw, not one has gone downhill, but the kibble fed ones have.* Having said that, Aaron's head grew very unevenly, as he went from scissors to a horrible underbite and then back to scissors.
    I do find the changes in growth very interesting :

Dana

To err is human:To forgive, canine."
    - Anonymous

JP

Quote Originally Posted by FallRiver
    JP, I take your uncharacteristically ineloquent comment as a compliment....thank you* ;D
    Well, having just literally received the ceiling on my head, I don't know how uncharacteristic my monologue has been for the past three hours... but it sure was ineloquent!!!

There has been a crack in the plaster in the hall for some time now. My son slammed the WC door and I heard a roar like a Tsunami. Dan and Jason kindly got the ladder from the cellar, found an instrument for me to unstick all the rest with... and cleared out to work!!! So, with Jojo's "help", I've stacked four boxes of broken plaster, left half my knuckles and a third of my blood supply on said ceiling, breathed more dust than the average coal miner and fought with Jojo for the mop for half an hour! AND I CONSIDER MYSELF JUSTIFIABLY INELOQUENT!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast