Progress report
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Progress report

YellowLab is offline Senior Member

DefaultProgress report

Hi, I was previously mb05j on the other forum, but now yellowlab. Wondering what some of you think about Bailey now at 25 1/2 months. Hes been pointed out for a few months and just waiting for majors now. Any opinions?

p.s.: ignore his tail, he was in the midst of barking at another dog on the other side of the fence and went into macho mode.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Luvmydog2much is offline Senior Member

as I mentioned in the other thread, an ok picture does not help.

Two things I like: his reach of neck and his tight feet.

For me, he is not 'enough' dog, generally lacks substance, coat, bone, second thigh.

What do you think of your dog? I really don't like picking apart the faults on someone's dog, especially when they don't understand, and I don't know you well enough.
    'Don't grow up too quickly, lest you forget how much you love the beach.'
    ~ Michelle Held

Rhys, Ruby and Nola

Quote Originally Posted by Luvmydog2much View Post
    as I mentioned in the other thread, an ok picture does not help.

For me, he is not 'enough' dog, generally lacks substance, coat, bone, second thigh.

What do you think of your dog? I really don't like picking apart the faults on someone's dog, especially when they don't understand, and I don't know you well enough.
    I tend to agree with you about him lacking substance. His bone is definitely finer than his dad. This has definitely been a peeve of mine when I look at him. As for substance or as you put it "enough" dog, I agree with this as well; but its strange, because he weighs about 86 lbs. now at 22.5 inches, and as you can see is in phenomenal condition and is very, very muscular in person. Ive spoken to a breeder who told me that her Westminster breed winning lab is just 92 lbs. so I think maybe he looks less substantial, because he doesnt have alot of coat?

Anyway, I give you permission to pick apart my dog. Its all part of the learning experience.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

nicole is offline Senior Member

Honestly, if that dog seriously has any points, I'd delete that picture immediatly (and burn it)...

Luvmydog2much is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Luvmydog2much View Post
    Then I will say this. This is pretty well what I like about this dog.

If were my dog, or if I bred this dog, I would not put him in the ring, nor would I allow a puppy buyer to do so. I would personally not consider this dog breeding quality, and thus would see no use to show him. Love him and train him, absolutely.

I get photos all of the time from my puppy people asking me if their puppies might be successful, thinking that NOW they want to show, because everyone tells them how beautiful their dog is. I tell them that if they were show quality I would have kept him/her. Got the one I'll attach here just a few days ago. There's no shame in owning a pet dog from a show breeder.

What was your intention when you purchased him?

Last edited by Luvmydog2much; 03-19-2009 at 03:09 PM.
    'Don't grow up too quickly, lest you forget how much you love the beach.'
    ~ Michelle Held

Rhys, Ruby and Nola

Quote Originally Posted by nicole View Post
    Honestly, if that dog seriously has any points, I'd delete that picture immediatly (and burn it)...
    Well, anyone other than Nicole. Lol, Im just joking. I appreciate the honesty however harsh it may be; but could you be a little more specific about the features of the dog. Thanks.

nicole is offline Senior Member

I wasn't trying to be harsh. I'm saying that if he's recieved AKC points, I'm assuming he's deserving of them....which this picture doesn't show at all! With that in mind, I don't want to comment on the dog in this picture. Please, please, please take a better pic and repost

Fallriver is offline Senior Member

He has a nice reach of neck and seems to have a nice head.
    For me, there is not enough dog, not enough angulation front or rear (he appears to have a long neck because his shoulders are quite steep). Not in love with the croup or the tail and coat.
    HOWEVVER, he is short coupled, he is just longer than square, he is balanced front to rear and he likely is a clean mover because of it. Many all breed judges are drawn to this type of dog and many like to find a yellow dog when indoors. I'm not surprised he has his singles although the majors will be harder to find if he is up against a dog who also moves clean but has proper angulation and/or better type. Dogs without much angulation very often have nice sidegait and many judges make that final pick on the last go-round.
    Dana

To err is human:To forgive, canine."
    - Anonymous

KMA24 is offline Junior Member

Question

What is your breeder's opinion? How quickly did your dog get singles? Was it a bunch of 1-pt singles? I'm not sure that this dog doesn't hold his tail up while moving. From looking at his croup, it tells me he does. That's major fault in a Lab. He seriously lacks coat and front and rear angulation. If I were you, I'd speak to the breeder and go from there. Does the breeder know he's being shown?

Quote Originally Posted by KMA24 View Post
    What is your breeder's opinion? How quickly did your dog get singles? Was it a bunch of 1-pt singles? I'm not sure that this dog doesn't hold his tail up while moving. From looking at his croup, it tells me he does. That's major fault in a Lab. He seriously lacks coat and front and rear angulation. If I were you, I'd speak to the breeder and go from there. Does the breeder know he's being shown?
    Ok, there is a reason I said to ignore the tail, that being because it is not always like that, as I said he was barking at another dog on the other side of the fence. He only has 1 1pointer and 4 2 pointers, some very close to majors. Majors in Florida require 20 males. He also has numerous reserves and best in shows in matches and IABCA shows. I think I will post a better picture in the future, as this one obviously didnt do him any justice.

I will agree with you about the coat though he used to have a better coat till he got mites.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast