I find it facinating...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I find it facinating...

CoCosMom is offline Senior Member

DefaultI find it facinating...

Hello pros!

I lurk here and I just have to say I find this world facinating!* I'm amazed at how many of you can see the good and bad in what looks like a nice lab to me... and how you can see the lines in a pup. It really blows my mind. I am definitely going to start going to local shows and trials.

Anyhow, the curiousity is getting the better of me. I don't even have great pics, but I'm dying to know how CoCo comforms to the Lab Standard.

Here she is at around 15 weeks:

And 18 weeks (she's a bit wet here):

CoCo's sire is a chocolate with the call name Chief who I believe is well known in Canada and the US, but I can't for the life of me remember his kennel name... but I think Clint's owner and threelabs met him before (at Potomac?) and liked him, if I recall a question I had on the old old ezboard about CoCo's pedigree.

Oh, and here is her mother... a youngish CH from up here in Nova Scotia (her tail is bent, not cropped... lol!):

Anyhow, would love to have some opinions on how she is shaping up, if you don't mind! She was sold on a non-breeding contract, and no worries I wouldn't anyhow. I'm totally just curious.
    ~Jo & CoCo

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

WigWag Guest

DefaultRe: I find it facinating...

CoCo looks very nice - love her coat. She is short coupled and a balanced pup so I like her and can tell she is quality. Chief is probably Boothgate's Chief Producer - he is a lovely boy inside and out. He is a light chocolate in color and so is CoCo so it seems a match.

When I saw your last set of pics, the one of her looking at the camera screams Chief

With your girl being the product of two breed champions, she will more than likely fit the breed standard.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by WigWag
    Chief is probably Boothgate's Chief Producer - he is a lovely boy inside and out. He is a light chocolate in color and so is CoCo so it seems a match.
    That's it! That's her daddy!

Glad to know that its not just ME that thinks she's quality!

~Jo & CoCo

Fallriver is offline Senior Member

I'm in Nova Scotia....likely not too far from you. I'm guessing that is a Doukare puppy out of their Rickways Bilbo Baggins daughter. It sounds like I might see you at an upcoming show!
    Dana

To err is human:To forgive, canine."
    - Anonymous

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

Scotty has Chief in his pedigree. Is he CoCo's dad or CoCo's mom's dad? He was born in 1997. He's got to be one cool dude to be having kids at 9 years old.

If you're interested, here are some pics of Chief: LINKY

Edited to add: Chief is an English import, and I was not able to get very far with his pedigree. I only found his parents and grandparents.

WigWag Guest

Scotty has Chief in his pedigree. Is he CoCo's dad or CoCo's mom's dad? He was born in 1997. He's got to be one cool dude to be having kids at 9 years old.
    Clint will be 9 years old on his next birthday and he has a litter due next week.

Scout's sire Drifter was 11 1/2 years old when she was born.

Boys can sire litters as long as sperm counts remain good which can be their entire lives. I know someone who bred to a dog that was 14 years old and had a full litter.

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

Thanks Sharon. I did not realize they remained furtile throught their whole lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Tatyana

If you're interested, here are some pics of Chief: LINKY

Edited to add: Chief is an English import, and I was not able to get very far with his pedigree. I only found his parents and grandparents.
    Yep, he's CoCo's dad. I knew he was an english import, I found the same thing when I researched his pedigree. Thanks for the link! I only have one pic of him that came with CoCo's papers.

From what I hear, he really is a Chief Producer! He's sire hundreds of puppies!
    ~Jo & CoCo

Quote Originally Posted by FallRiver
    I'm in Nova Scotia....likely not too far from you.* I'm guessing that is a Doukare puppy out of their Rickways Bilbo Baggins daughter.* * It sounds like I might see you at an upcoming show!

I'm in Dartmough. And CoCo is a Doukare puppy! And her mother, Lacey is Rickways Bilbo Baggins daughter... Again... I find this FACINATING! I was a little worried about Lacey because when I researched her pedigree there was one issue with elbows somewhere back in the line, but I talked to Karen & Scott at Doukare and also their vet (who happened to be Rickway Bilbo Baggins owner and bred Lacey) and they gave me plenty of assurance that Lacey is producing clean pups. I mean, there's always a chance, but the breeding seemed like better odds than most!

Anyhow, would you please keep me updated on upcoming local shows? I'm not in any of the circles, so I don't know what's happening. I'll PM you my email address if you don't mind....
    ~Jo & CoCo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast