Kodi earned her GRCH!

Thread: Kodi earned her GRCH!

DefaultKodi earned her GRCH!

Kodi earned her GRCH this weekend, plus an additional "insurance" win. The last judge on Saturday (from England) made a point of telling the Champion class that she was picking the dog she knew that she could fire a gun over and the dog would go through anything to get the bird back to her! There's not an ounce of fat on Kodi these days, and she was in a particularily "bold" mood this weekend...

Hoss, was "reserve" in four of the shows, and did earn a Champion win in the fifth show....making the fourth of the five wins needed for his GRCH title.

One of the Lab clubs I belong to in NC gives a special merit award if five titles are put on a litter in a year...we may just make it!! (have four of the five earned!)

Overall it was a good weekend...even if we didn't get any BOBs!

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

lcspt is offline Senior Member

DefaultRe: Kodi earned her GRCH!

A great big congratulations!!
    "In moments of joy all of us wished we possessed a tail we could wag." W. H. Auden

Linda, Kona and Bo

A big CONGRATS to you!!! I wish we had more UKC shows with Lab entries around here. I had to go to Michigan last year to even show against any other labs!!!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Thats 'Grand' ;D
    Cheers

lab addict is offline Senior Member

Congratulations!

CaliforniaLabLover is offline Senior Member

Congratulations!!!
    We don't even have UKC shows (just weight pulls and so forth) around CA, so I'm pretty unfamiliar with all of the titles and everything. Is that the equivalent to an AKC "Ch?" What do the BIMPS and BBI in your signature stand for?

~Julie, Rogue, Monty, and Eddy~

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon

I forgot to add- I'm cheering you on in that merit award! How cool would that be?!? Terrific!

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaLabLover
    Congratulations!!!
    We don't even have UKC shows (just weight pulls and so forth) around CA, so I'm pretty unfamiliar with all of the titles and everything. Is that the equivalent to an AKC "Ch?" What do the BIMPS and BBI in your signature stand for?
    The GRCH is somewhat similar to an AKC CH, but not as many dogs are required to compete to earn it. A few years ago, when their mom (Belle) was in conformation, I'd be lucky if there were 5 labs to compete against. Now, most shows have 10-15 competing.

BIMBS is Best In Multi-Breed Show, which Kodi earned when she was 6 months old (youngest Lab in UKC hisotry!). Multi-breed term is used (as opposed to Best In Show) since Belgian Shepards were not judged...they take a "special" judging criteria and not as many judges are qualified to judge them.

BBI is my kennel name... Brains Beauty and Instinct

Thank you for the explanation! That helps a lot- is the Belgian shep thing specific to the UKC? How interesting... I had no idea that they took such specialized judges.

I don't know why I was thinking that BBI stood for something like the BIMPS does... What a great way to include your vision in your kennel name!

Congrats again, and thanks for the information!