Question/Opinion (pics inside)

Thread: Question/Opinion (pics inside)

AbbyandMolly is offline Senior Member

DefaultQuestion/Opinion (pics inside)

So, I'm not the best picture taker in the world, but I wanted to know what you all think of Molly. This is just for my own curiosity. She's 5 months old and weighs about 45 lbs. Her dad was more of a bench lab and her mom was bench/field cross (i think, don't hold me to that lol)

If I didn't put enough info let me know!

from the side

top (well kinda)

face (i love her eyes in this one)
    *Stacey*
    ~Abby, Molly, and Penny (the honorary lab)

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

WigWag Guest

DefaultRe: Question/Opinion (pics inside)

I think you have a lot of views and not any responses because people don't know what you want as far as opinions. First let me say that she is a very cute girl but are you looking to see if she is show quality or just how her conformation is regarding the standard? It's tough because she is not a bench type dog in appearance. Only dogs from show/bench breeding look that way and even if you breed a champion show male with a field type girl the resulting puppies will look mostly like the field side. The field type of dog is very strong and comes through generation after generation.

AbbyandMolly is offline Senior Member

Thanks Sharon

I should have been more specific. I basically wanted to know how she looked as far as the lab standard. I know she will most likely not meet the standard mesurements, and I know it's hard to judge from a picture, but is there anything I should be concerned about growth wise?
    *Stacey*
    ~Abby, Molly, and Penny (the honorary lab)

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Growth wise? No, she looks OK. I would agree with Wigwag, she takes more after the field side of her pedigree and so when you compare her confirmation to the standard, there will be many points she won't score high on. She looks like she has a nice front in the one picture and she has nice tail set and carriage also.
    Cheers

Your pup looks like our Murphy who is definitely field line; long and lean.