Question about Potomac

Thread: Question about Potomac

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

DefaultQuestion about Potomac

Ok, clueless here. Is Potomac a Labrador specialty show? Is it the biggest in the country? What is so special about it? I'm just trying to learn. TIA.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

WigWag Guest

DefaultRe: Question about Potomac

It is a specialty and draws the largest entry of Labradors in the world never mind just the U.S. Close to 1000 each year. It's huge and all the biggies come from all over the country and Canada and sometimes abroad as well when a dog is imorted so it's a nice place to see a lot of dogs that one admires from afar. Also just placing in a class there or making the cut is a big deal. My friend has a puppy entered and she is black and 6 months old (all classes are divided by color at Potomac). Guess how many in just puppy bitch black 6 - 9 months? 47 lovely black lasses - yes 47! Winning that would be the equivalent of beating enough dogs for a 5 point major!!!!

Typically the National specialty of a given breed draws the largest entry and is the most prestigious show for them but not in Labradors. Potomac is truly a sight to see.

krisinme is offline Senior Member

Last year was my first and only Potomac Ever. I am addicted. If I didn't have my litter to take care of I would be in a car right now. Maddie's class last year had an entry of 42. I believe 33 showed up. She was one of 10 that made the cut. This was the most incredible feeling in the world. I have never seen so many beautiful Labradors in one place and encourage anyone to attend. It is incredible!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tatyana is offline Senior Member

I better go there next year then.

If you can, you definately should! Last year was my first year also and it was incredible. There are 103 entries just for BOB. Last year all the CH came into the ring at once when judging began - it was the most awesome sight.

krisinme is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by threelabs
    If you can, you definately should! Last year was my first year also and it was incredible. There are 103 entries just for BOB. Last year all the CH came into the ring at once when judging began - it was the most awesome sight.
    My jaw was hitting the floor. I never saw a more beautiful sight in all my life!