A few tiny brags

Thread: A few tiny brags

Kinderwood is offline Senior Member

DefaultA few tiny brags

Had a very fun & fabulous 3 day show weekend in Bismarck! While I've always continued to help train, I haven't personally handled our girls in the Obedience/Rally ring for 5 years. We've both trained, but Steve handled. Since this was a small show where the Obedience & Rally ring is right next to the 2 Conformation rings and they had 2 of our favorite Obedience judges on the schedule, I decided to take the plunge and step back into the Obedience ring. I took Piper (UKC Ch. Hayshaker's Kinderwood Charmed One RA CGC) "off the shelf" (she hasn't done any Obedience or Rally since she got her RA 2 years ago) and started training (i.e. "knocking the rust off", lol) just 2 weeks ago. We also entered her & Mocha (Kinderwood Peppermint Mocha) in Conformation, so Piper & I were pulling "double duty" all 3 days. I'll admit, after doing Conformation right away in the morning all 3 days, I think we were both a little wore out by the time we made it into the Obedience ring but we pulled through! We qualified & got 1st place all 3 days in Pre-Novice and Piper is now a new PCD!!

Piper hasn't been in the Conformation ring in almost 2 years either. She just never enjoyed it and, when she was bred, I made her a promise of not making her do it unless she really enjoyed it or we really needed her (i.e. for major building, etc)- basically, semi-retirement. She had earned a point with a Breed win, had Specialty class wins & placements, and her UKC Championship, so I was happy enough with that for a girl who absolutely loathed the Conformation ring (she MUCH prefers performance- i.e. Obedience, Rally, Field, etc; show her a bird and she'll about tear your arm off getting up to the line to run a training scenario, lol). However, she's really matured beautifully since then and now, after we showed her in a Specialty match, she actually seems to enjoy doing Conformation. So, we decided to give her another shot in Bismarck.

On Friday, Piper took Best of Opposite Sex (BOS) for her 2nd point under Paula Hartinger and Mocha got RWB. On Saturday, Mocha took BOS, Best Owner Handled, and Best Bred By for her 6th point under Roger Hartinger and Piper got RWB. Mocha went on to take Owner Handled Group 4 under Peggy Gutierrez-Otero from Mexico and Bred By Group 3 under Megan Dollinger! We also had entered our 4 month old girl, Pink (Kinderwood N Hayshaker's Funhouse, Rocky x Faith), who is co-bred with Sherry Geurts (Hayshaker) in the 4 to 6 Month Beginner Puppy competition for later that evening. She is a little spitfire and she really had a lot of fun strutting her stuff on her way to a Beginner Puppy Group 1 over a very lovely Golden and a very nice Gordon Setter!! She was also given such heavy consideration for Best In Show Puppy that the judge (who was a Bulldog breeder so, after mulling it over between Pink & the Bulldog, gave BIS to the Bulldog) pulled us aside before we left the BIS ring and told us that she most definitely wants to be kept in the loop on Pink. It was very cool to hear in her voice how very excited she was about her!

Yesterday, Piper took BOS and Best Owner Handled for her 3rd point under Robert Shreve. We had some visiting to do up in Minot, so we couldn't stay for Owner Handled Group but Piper really rocked it & gave everything her all yesterday; garnering her highest Obedience score of the weekend too! We are so proud of all our girls!!
    Darcy Litzinger
    Kinderwood Labradors
    Piper, Faith, Mocha & Pink

In Loving Memory:

HIT UCD Bel Air Blue Chip Of Kinderwood CD RE JH CGC "Blue" 06/25/06-04/26/10

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

KathyArch is offline Senior Member

Congrats to you and your wonderfull dogs. You should be very proud. Bragging allowed

rayluckgoo is offline Senior Member

I'm sorry I haven't kept up with this thread. Congratulations! That's super....tiny brags my butt...these are big ones!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

BigBrownDog is offline Senior Member

Darcy, how exciting! Congratulations! Do you have a facebook page for your kennel? I'd like to follow your pups.
    Sharon, Blaise and Diesel.

Kinderwood is offline Senior Member

Thanks all!! It was a really fun weekend!

Sharon, no FB page for our "kennel", but you are more than welcome to friend me (name in siggy). With rare exception, I usually only post about our Labbies anyway- shows, clearances, puppy updates, pics, etc.

Attached are a couple pics of Pink at 4 months old, sired by Rocky (MBISS GCh. Ch. Briarwood's Eye On The Prize) and out of our Faith (UKC Ch. Hayshaker Kinderwood Where R U Xmas RN- only a Major shy of finishing her AKC Championship). I think Piper's show pic turned out somewhat decent, so I think we're going to order that one and I'll try to post it when we do.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Darcy Litzinger
    Kinderwood Labradors
    Piper, Faith, Mocha & Pink

In Loving Memory:

HIT UCD Bel Air Blue Chip Of Kinderwood CD RE JH CGC "Blue" 06/25/06-04/26/10