2012 was good to us!

Thread: 2012 was good to us!

Kinderwood is offline Senior Member

Default2012 was good to us!

I know I haven't posted in awhile but, after showing in our last show of the year, I started reminiscing a bit about this year and decided to share a few belated updates. 2012 has been very good to us, treated us very well as far as our Furkids go. Everyone has been very happy & healthy this year for the most part with only a few hiccups in the road- kennel cough made a round, etc. (Human family is a different can of worms as Steve's Dad is not well.) I just hope 2013 is as kind. Here's what we've been up to since my last update (early August)...

In September, we showed Faith (UKC Ch. Hayshaker Kinderwood Where R U Xmas RN) & Mocha (Kinderwood Peppermint Mocha) at Des Moines. Mocha placed in her class both days and Faith won hers. We also showed Mocha at the 1st ever Midwest LRC of Iowa Sanc. B Match and she won her class. It was blast with good friends and good times!

In October, we showed Faith & Mocha at the LRC Nationals & Saturday Spirit of St. Louis LRC Specialty. We had A LOT of fun (maybe a little too much at times, LOL)! Missouri was absolutely gorgeous (with all the beautiful Fall colors on the trees, etc) and Purina Farms was a VERY nice facility! We stayed in a Kamper Kabin at the KOA only a few miles away from Purina Farms and we had a blast! Mocha placed in both her Sweeps & Regular classes at both shows and Faith won her Open Chocolate class at the Nationals and placed 2nd at the St. Louis show. Not bad for a couple of "brown" girls from ND!

We went to our last show of the year in St. Cloud on Saturday. We only entered Mocha for the one day as it was easy enough to make a one day trip. The little "brown" girl did us proud! She won her Puppy class (her last Puppy class; sorry, I'm a sap and get sentimental, lol) and then was 1 of only 3 girls who were pulled for consideration for Winners. No cigar, of course, as she was a little puppyish (hopping around, regular puppy antics) on the down part of the down & back while the other 2 girls who were pulled (the eventual WB & RWB) were more mature and went cleanly. But, she showed very well and we had a great time!

So, all in all, we had a GREAT year! I hope everyone's 2012 was as good as ours and wish everyone Happy Holidays- and a, soon to come, Happy New Year!

Next up for 2013...We have Faith's breeding (to a wonderful boy we've adored since he was a puppy- we're VERY excited!!) and we're going to get all the girls doing more Obedience & Rally (which we love but just couldn't find the time for this year)...
    Darcy Litzinger
    Kinderwood Labradors
    Piper, Faith, Mocha & Pink

In Loving Memory:

HIT UCD Bel Air Blue Chip Of Kinderwood CD RE JH CGC "Blue" 06/25/06-04/26/10

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

BigBrownDog is offline Senior Member

Congrats on a great year Darcy!
    Sharon, Blaise and Diesel.

patm is offline Senior Member

How wonderful! It's so great to have a "good dog year"

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Kinderwood is offline Senior Member

Thanks, Sharon & Pat! I'm just incredibly grateful for such a great dog year filled with such great memories! We've had some not so great ones and it just felt wonderful to have a really good one. Just hope our luck holds for 2013 (and beyond if we can have it)!
    Darcy Litzinger
    Kinderwood Labradors
    Piper, Faith, Mocha & Pink

In Loving Memory:

HIT UCD Bel Air Blue Chip Of Kinderwood CD RE JH CGC "Blue" 06/25/06-04/26/10

CaliforniaLabLover is offline Senior Member

Congratulations on everything! You have definitely had a wonderful year!!! 2012 has been pretty good to us, too.

~Julie, Rogue, Monty, and Eddy~

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon