What does MBISS stand for?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What does MBISS stand for?

Mygirls2 is offline Senior Member

DefaultWhat does MBISS stand for?

I was looking at MBISS Am. Can. Int. Ch. Beechcroft Study's Top Secret (James) and was wondering what MBISS stands for? Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

MeAndMyLabs is offline Member

Multiple Best In Specialty Show

Cara Deo Labs
    ~ Hollyridge Ports O Call At Plsrthyme "Portis"

BauersMom is offline Senior Member

Multi Best In Show Specialty
    Debi and Bauer
    Some people are like slinkies. Not really good for much, but bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

BigBrownDog is offline Senior Member

It's a variation on MMM-Bop.
    Sharon, Blaise and Diesel.

MicksMom is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by MeAndMyLabs View Post
    Multiple Best In Specialty Show
    To further explain it, a Specialty Show is a show where only one breed competes, in this case, Labs. So MBISS means James has won Best in Show at more than one Specialty (Lab's only) show (and, in his case, I believe it has been quite a few more than one).

CaliforniaLabLover is offline Senior Member

Yep... this would be a dog who has won Best Of Breed multiple times at a specialty show. Since at a specialty show, Best Of Breed (BOB) is the highest conformation award (at all-breed shows, that dog would go on to compete against other breeds in the sporting dog group), that automatically makes him Best In Show. This is further designated as a "specialty show" win by the BISS (Best In Specialty Show- BIS would indicate that the dog had won Best In Show at an all-breed show... going Best Of Breed, 1st Place Sporting Group, then Best In Show). Or MBISS for dogs who have done it more than once.

~Julie, Rogue, Monty, and Eddy~

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon

Shelley is offline Senior Member

I have seen people put this sort of thing (BNPIMBS) on their websites, and I have no idea what it means? It sure isn't an AKC abbreviation?

I know MBISS is Mulitple Best In Specialty Show, BIS Best In Show, BOS Best Of Opposite Sex, etc...
    Last edited by Shelley; 05-25-2012 at 10:28 PM.

LuvBrown is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shelley View Post
    I have seen people put this sort of thing (BNPIMBS) on their websites, and I have no idea what it means? It sure isn't an AKC abbreviation?

I know MBISS is Mulitple Best In Specialty Show, BIS Best In Show, BOS Best Of Opposite Sex, etc...
    MBISS is not an AKC abbreviation but it's recognized and accepted. While BOS IS an AKC award given out at a show.

For the folks that put stuff like BNPIMBS...I absolutely hate it. It's usually done by folks that SHOULD know better too. Sometimes those abbreviations stem from UKC as well (not official or recognized in that forum as well). Best Novice Puppy in Multiple Breed Show...That's my guess. Novice Puppy is a UKC class and they will award Best Novice Puppy to the best pup in the show that day. Novice Pup is a non-standard class for the young ones and no points are awarded. It is like the new class offering AKC has for the young 4-6 month pups that can't actually compete in the show yet. Very similar to Best Puppy award that is often awarded at an AKC show for the best pup out of the pup classes.

Shelley is offline Senior Member

Thanks LuvBrown, (I love brown too!) that is what I figured it probably meant, but wasn't sure. I tried UKC a few years ago, (I like AKC better) it wasn't my thing, although I know a fair amount of people that do like it.

hayshakerlabs is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shelley View Post

You are correct Shelley, it is not an AKC abbreviation. It happens to be a UKC abbreviation which stands for BEST NOVICE PUPPY IN MULTI BREED SHOW ....and on my site it is referencing a 14 week old puppy that I bred and showed at a UKC show. It is an honor for a puppy that age to do so well. I love to show puppies at UKC shows as it prepares them for AKC shows in the future. They get tons of socialization, ring time as practice and all around we have a lot of fun. I feel it is important to get a puppy accustomed to the sights, sounds and smells of a dog show as soon as they have had their vaccinations. All one has to do is ask what an abbreviation means instead of "speculating" and making it sound like some sort of made of title. In fact the puppy who had the BNPIMBS needs a 3 point major to finish his AKC championship and he is barely over 2....all points taken in either puppy or bred by classes. He has also taken an AKC Best Bred By Exhibitor In Show, Bred By Exhibitor Group 1, Best Of Breed Bred By Exhibitor, 1st Place Bred By Exhibitor Dogs at the Winnebago Labrador Retriever Club Supported Entry this spring, Judged by Dr. Michael Woods who also Judged Potomac this year.
    http://www.hayshakerlabs.com/

Sherry, Saedee, Shyloh, Izzy, Thelma, Natalie, Evon,, Gussa & Parody

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast