Opinions please on my hunnypie Marley! thinking of showing him?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opinions please on my hunnypie Marley! thinking of showing him?

Marley2011 is offline Junior Member

TalkingOpinions please on my hunnypie Marley! thinking of showing him?

??
    Last edited by Marley2011; 04-06-2012 at 10:38 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Tanya is offline Senior Member

I am not a pro but I can tell you that the pros will nto be able to judge from those photos. Get a photo on the dog in a straight standing position and kneel down so the camera is at dog level. Othewrise the angles and body twists affect the proportion and angles making it impossible to accurately judge.

Also, have you talked to the breeder? Does KC mean AKC?
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

Hi thanks, ill take some new photos of him, KC is the Kennel Club in the UK. the breeder works her labs not shows them so i thought id work him or just do agility for some fun, but the club where we go suggested we enter him into shows, they do ringcraft and showing.

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

LuvBrown is offline Senior Member

None of these photos are sufficient to judge. Can you find a mentor that does show labs and let them critique your dog??

yea sure i can i just thought as others were asking opinions then i would? iv had lots of people see my dog, so in the photos no one can actually see my dog?? i understand that they need to be stacked photos but thought that folk on here would pass a little opinion nothing serious like crufts or anything!

Tanya is offline Senior Member

like i explained you cannot judge a dog's body structure if the photo is not taken at a correct angle. the position of the body may lead to a bad evaluation!! so no, no one can give a judgement that is accurate based on those photos. they can make guesses but I don't get the point of that.

You are MORE than welcomed to ask opinions but you need to provide a picture people can see the dog's angles and proportions in.
    Charlie (foster) and Rocky

BigBrownDog is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marley2011 View Post
    yea sure i can i just thought as others were asking opinions then i would? iv had lots of people see my dog, so in the photos no one can actually see my dog?? i understand that they need to be stacked photos but thought that folk on here would pass a little opinion nothing serious like crufts or anything!
    There are folks who do show their dogs on this board and when they look at a dog to critique it, they need to be able to see it stacked properly to evaluate the topline, the angles, the tailset, etc. The pics you had up just showed a cute dog with nice pigment. Nothing else can really be said about the pictures you had up from a conformation point of view. Is he nice looking - yes. Is he a dog who would be competitive in a dog show - not adequate picts to form an opinion.
    Sharon, Blaise and Diesel.

LuvBrown is offline Senior Member

Well, according to the photos you attached, I wouldn't bother trying to show your dog. If you get defensive over being asked for proper photos, how are you going to deal with a judge critiquing your dog? And yes, I show dogs.

Luvbrown --- i have been told already that my dog would make good show quality i just wanted friendly advice from people on here, and i thought your comments were rather rude, other people have been nice and given me advice about how to take better photos! im not being defensive about putting up better pics im getting defensive about YOUR comment, and for your information since posting this thread i have been to see a judge who has told me VERY good points about him so there was defo no need to be soooo nasty saying "i wouldnt bother trying to show your dog" defo no need! He is the chunky English lab and the judges here in the uk seem to think hes really nice, and to be honest showing by the sounds of things isnt for me if people are like you! My dog is my PET im not too fussed about the dam show ring!
    Thankyou for the nice helpful replys tanya and bigbrowndog

BigBrownDog is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marley2011 View Post
    Luvbrown --- i have been told already that my dog would make good show quality i just wanted friendly advice from people on here, and i thought your comments were rather rude, other people have been nice and given me advice about how to take better photos! im not being defensive about putting up better pics im getting defensive about YOUR comment, and for your information since posting this thread i have been to see a judge who has told me VERY good points about him so there was defo no need to be soooo nasty saying "i wouldnt bother trying to show your dog" defo no need! He is the chunky English lab and the judges here in the uk seem to think hes really nice, and to be honest showing by the sounds of things isnt for me if people are like you! My dog is my PET im not too fussed about the dam show ring!
    Thankyou for the nice helpful replys tanya and bigbrowndog
    Honestly, Marley2011, when you ask for opinions on a board like this you need to have a thicker skin as you will get just that.... Peoples opinions. If you are really only looking for compliments and not actual critique (which can be very hard to hear) stick to friends and family.
    Sharon, Blaise and Diesel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast