Opinions on this dog?

Thread: Opinions on this dog?

IdahoLabs is offline Senior Member

DefaultOpinions on this dog?

One of mine. 11 month old female. Conformation ring prospect? what do you like/not like/how would she do in the breed ring/etc? Be honest- she has points I like and points I don't like, overall I like her, but you're not going to hurt my feelings. No point in spending the money to enter if she's not going to do well.

Thanks-
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by IdahoLabs; 02-04-2012 at 09:53 PM. Reason: to add age...
    ~your decisions are only as good as the information you base them on~

Claire DVM
    Lijah UD GO VER RE CGC TDI ASCA-CD (7/10 UDX, 186/200 OM1 pts, 9/100 OTCH pts + UB/OB wins)
    Zen UD VER GO JH
    Boaz JH CD CGC
    Brie CD CGC
    Tara (future amazingness!)
    www.clairedvm.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

ThreeTs is offline Senior Member

Well, I wrote a big long reply and then it vanished instead of posting. Good; thick coat, short-coupled body, moderate hind angles. Bad; high ear set, straight shoulder, steep croup. Course you shouldn't really listen to anyone who doesn't see her in person, let alone me. Bite and dentition good? Movement? Coat texture? Height? Any chance you could take her to shows in Canada? If I could that is what I would do with mine, but I'm too far south. Not as many pro handlers up there so it is a good way to get started.

Come visit us at the shows in June in southern Idaho! I have a 13 month old yellow girl, hard to know if she will ever get so much as a single point, as she is not the usual style shown in the NW and has faults of her own, but I might take her in the 12 to 18 classes in June.

I'm curious as to Brie's pedigree, mind if I ask? Obviously show-bred, but wondered about actual lines, just trying to build an "eye" for the different lines.

Sophiesmama is offline Senior Member

What do you mean points you like and points you don't?
    ~Pam

Sophie DOB 04/13/2011 6 mo

8.5 mo.

Sophie 15 months, with Skye

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

MicksMom is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sophiesmama View Post
    What do you mean points you like and points you don't?
    What she means is what do you like or dislike about the way Brie's conformation/build.

I can't break down my opinions like ThreeT did. All I know is, over all, I like the way she looks. She seems to have a fluffier coat than I like, but that could simpley be because she has her winter one. Now, keep in mind I don't show in Breed. I'm just stating what looks appealing to me.

Dani is offline Senior Member

I think she's nice....what did her breeder say? I think she lacks a second thigh, and her tailset is low, but not too bad. She is a little straight int he shoulder. Cute none-the-less.
    Dani, Rider & Rookie
    SHR Watson's Safari Rider, JH, WC, CL1-R, RA, CGC, TDI
    SHR Endeavor Put Me In Coach, RN, WC, CGC

Member Since 6/2003

hayshakerlabs is offline Senior Member

I say take her in the ring. You will not know until you show her. She is young...she has a lot of maturing to do. I think if you get her excited and pumped in the ring she will hold herself differently and her low tail set/steep croup could and would look better. She's posting a bit in front so that appears to make her look like she has a straighter shoulder...also bait her so it shows her reach of neck. Again, I'd show her.
    http://www.hayshakerlabs.com/

Sherry, Saedee, Shyloh, Izzy, Thelma, Natalie, Evon,, Gussa & Parody

nicole is offline Senior Member

As with everything competitive, it depends who else is there. This girl isn't balanced. Her front is straight and her shoulder is so upright, it ruins her top line. Getting her to wag might help a bit, but she clealy has a sloping croup and low tailset.

Luvmydog2much is offline Senior Member

I wouldn't say she wasn't balanced, she is quite balanced front to rear, but she has steep shoulders and a short upper arm...that looks balanced with her need for a bit more second thigh. How old is she? What is her pedigree?

I bet she moves well thought.

I hate to fault judge but the kicker for me would be the tailset and what looks like an open coat. She does have lovely pigment, good bone and feet, and a nice feminine expression.
    'Don't grow up too quickly, lest you forget how much you love the beach.'
    ~ Michelle Held

Rhys, Ruby and Nola

IdahoLabs is offline Senior Member

ThreeTs- I'm planning on being in Blackfoot with my Aussie at least, we'll be in obedience. I'll look for you regardless!

She's 11 months, grandsire on top is CH MACH Prospect's Slam Dunk UD MH etc, grandsire on bottom is CH Caer Bren Super Hero MH CD etc. I like her head, ear set a little high for me but I think it may drop as her head widens, she's only 11 months after all. I think her topline is better than it looks in the pic, croup definitely has a slope but it's better than it was at 6 months. Not sure how it'll end up. We might make it in the breed ring. Thanks for the input, y'all!
    ~your decisions are only as good as the information you base them on~

Claire DVM
    Lijah UD GO VER RE CGC TDI ASCA-CD (7/10 UDX, 186/200 OM1 pts, 9/100 OTCH pts + UB/OB wins)
    Zen UD VER GO JH
    Boaz JH CD CGC
    Brie CD CGC
    Tara (future amazingness!)
    www.clairedvm.com

ThreeTs is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoLabs View Post
    ThreeTs- I'm planning on being in Blackfoot with my Aussie at least, we'll be in obedience. I'll look for you regardless!

She's 11 months, grandsire on top is CH MACH Prospect's Slam Dunk UD MH etc, grandsire on bottom is CH Caer Bren Super Hero MH CD etc. I like her head, ear set a little high for me but I think it may drop as her head widens, she's only 11 months after all. I think her topline is better than it looks in the pic, croup definitely has a slope but it's better than it was at 6 months. Not sure how it'll end up. We might make it in the breed ring. Thanks for the input, y'all!
    She must be from Villaverde in UT? I once looked into a litter he had planned. She looks a lot like Fowler.