What are the next shows/training events everyone has coming up? Other exciting news?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are the next shows/training events everyone has coming up? Other exciting news?

CaliforniaLabLover is offline Senior Member

DefaultWhat are the next shows/training events everyone has coming up? Other exciting news?

Things are really quiet over here these days...

When are your next shows, and where?

We've been working on getting the dog van ("Thelma") set up with shelving for crates and so forth, with room underneath for fans, EZ UPs, coolers, etc.... will post pictures when I get a chance! Fun!

Anyone else have fun stuff going on?

~Julie, Rogue, Monty, and Eddy~

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

patm is offline Senior Member

Baxter kinda pooped out with confomation when the hair started falling out of his tail and he got red, baldy spots on his neck/etc. Diagnosed with a fungal and bacterial infection - he has been treated and is much improved - now need to start figuring out if he has allergies that caused this and if it is, whether I want to keep him intact to show in conformation, or get him nipped and concentrate solely on obedience and rally. Don't need to breed a boy with skin problems! He was doing nicely in the few shows that I had him in, but we haven't showed since late May because of the skin problems.

windycanyon is offline Senior Member

PSLRA obed and rally in (gulp!) 2.5 wks. Have 2 entered on Sat, 3 on Sunday. Are you coming up?

WindyCanyon Girls, August 2014

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

CaliforniaLabLover is offline Senior Member

Pat- I hear ya on those skin problems. Not a good thing... one I see a lot of just through my work with service dogs, and one that is incredibly difficult (and costly!) to deal with. I wish more people would pay attention to skin when considering breedings... unfortunately, all too often, the dogs break with skin issues/allergies after they have already passed other health clearances and been bred (ie- often they break with it after 2 years old... even up to 4-6!). Skin problems associated with allergies are definitely one of the most difficult to definitively diagnose and treat...

Anne- Between losing my main job a couple weeks ago due to the economy (they're considering bankruptcy) and fitting in relief work as well as planning for an October wedding, etc. etc. etc. I just couldn't get away for the specialties that are farther away. Rogue is out of coat anyhow, and Monty is more or less retired from the show ring (being sterile and out-of-coat doesn't help him either... maybe as a veteran?)... Best of luck, though! Exciting!!!

Belles mom is offline Senior Member

Not conformation related, but Kodi and Hoss and I are going to a UKC Obedience show this weekend. Two days, four shows. With luck, Hoss will get his UUD, and some significant progress toward Kodi' UOTCH (if we get 199 in Utility AND Open in all fours shows she will get it....but that is not likely to happen.Two weeks later, Hoss will attempt to get his HR title (UKC mid-level hunt title). By then, Kodi should be close to being in heat and hopefully puppies in the forecast!!!!

Karen and the gang
    BBI Kodi's Journey To Anotch (Journey)
    BBI Kodi's Blackpowder Striker (Flint)

rayluckgoo is offline Senior Member

I think our plans for the next show have been thwarted by a hot spot BUT....at least this time Ben came down with one the day AFTER the show and not his usual the day before a show.

windycanyon is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaLabLover View Post
    Anne- Between losing my main job a couple weeks ago due to the economy (they're considering bankruptcy) and fitting in relief work as well as planning for an October wedding, etc. etc. etc. I just couldn't get away for the specialties that are farther away. Rogue is out of coat anyhow, and Monty is more or less retired from the show ring (being sterile and out-of-coat doesn't help him either... maybe as a veteran?)... Best of luck, though! Exciting!!!
    Sorry to hear about your job.
    We'll see if Kiku will be able to show by that Sunday (only day I entered since she will be there just for fun in Open B). She's nursing a nasty abscess and if it's cheat, which I now suspect highly, she may have to have some surgery about that time since we'll have been thru the course of ABs by then. Hopefully it'll just burst on it's own and come out! I still have Sonya and Tango entered though so will be busy enough.

WindyCanyon Girls, August 2014

Luvmydog2much is offline Senior Member

No plans for a bit, but I bring home my new puppy next weekend. After that it will be a whirlwind of puppy classes, puppy matches etc.

Can't wait!
    'Don't grow up too quickly, lest you forget how much you love the beach.'
    ~ Michelle Held

Rhys, Ruby and Nola

Kinderwood is offline Senior Member

We just finished up a Rally weekend with 2 new titles- yay! Our next (& last) event of year will be the LRCTC specialty in Lake Elmo, MN next month. I'm pretty excited as there will be a breeder-judge this year. Piper just started to blow a couple of weeks ago but I've been trying to brush out the dead hair/fur to encourage the new stuff to start growing in a little quicker, lol. Faith, on the other hand, is finally starting to get some coat back in from her blow. However, I've actually got a few mixed emotions about this year as we won't have anyone in the Puppy classes or sweeps (we've had someone in Puppy classes and sweeps for the past couple years so it's going to feel a little strange only showing in 1 class each) and Faith will have to play with the "big girls" since she's aged out of the 12-18. Should be interesting, lol!...Then, we're taking the Fall & Winter off and hoping for Piper puppies.
    Darcy Litzinger
    Kinderwood Labradors
    Piper, Faith, Mocha & Pink

In Loving Memory:

HIT UCD Bel Air Blue Chip Of Kinderwood CD RE JH CGC "Blue" 06/25/06-04/26/10

hayshakerlabs is offline Senior Member

We have a small all breed show this week end. I have Augusta (11 mo) and Evon 19 months entered. Then August 26-28 we have the aboveforementioned LRCTC Specialty and supported entry all breed shows. It should be majors all three days. I am looking forward to the upcoming shows.

Good luck to everyone and your upcoming events.
    http://www.hayshakerlabs.com/

Sherry, Saedee, Shyloh, Izzy, Thelma, Natalie, Evon,, Gussa & Parody

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast