Getting ready for a tiny (limited entry) local show this holiday weekend...

Thread: Getting ready for a tiny (limited entry) local show this holiday weekend...

CaliforniaLabLover is offline Senior Member

DefaultGetting ready for a tiny (limited entry) local show this holiday weekend...

Not expecting anything award-wise based on the judge history, but we'll see.

More than anything, it is only about 5 miles away (just across the harbor from where we live- it would have been a shame not to enter, especially when so many shows are hours and gas $$$ away) and one of my dearest friends and mentors is coming with her husband to visit for the weekend, show her own dog (well, he's with a handler going for GrCH points), and hang out/stay with us!

This is the best part of being involved in labradors- the "family" you develop. Especially when, like me, you aren't from (nor have family in) the state you live in. This dear friend is absolutely my family... I can't wait!!!! Whoo-hooooo!!!

~Julie, Rogue, Monty, and Eddy~

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon

2. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Kinderwood is offline Senior Member

Oh, I so hear you, Julie! We felt so horrible this year when we couldn't enter our local show this year. Based on what I saw of the judging, it was similar to years past and we likely would've been "dumped" with one girl but done ok with the other (there can be a HUGE difference between Specialty & All Breed dogs here and the judges our local club tends to hire seem to prefer the extreme All Breed style most of the time), but it's always fun to go, support the local club, and visit with friends. Good luck & have fun!!

ETA: You never know what could happen either...I didn't think we had a shot at a placement at a specialty a couple weeks ago and I didn't expect anything, so you can imagine how shocked I was when we came out with a 3rd in Am Bred. Anything can happen! Have a great weekend and hug those boys!!
    Last edited by Kinderwood; 07-01-2011 at 03:01 PM.
    Darcy Litzinger
    Kinderwood Labradors
    Piper, Faith, Mocha & Pink

In Loving Memory:

HIT UCD Bel Air Blue Chip Of Kinderwood CD RE JH CGC "Blue" 06/25/06-04/26/10

rayluckgoo is offline Senior Member

Good Luck!

5. Remove Advertisements
    JustLabradors.com
    Advertisements

Luvmydog2much is offline Senior Member

Have fun and good luck!
    'Don't grow up too quickly, lest you forget how much you love the beach.'
    ~ Michelle Held

Rhys, Ruby and Nola

Well, you could have knocked me to the ground with a feather- what a crazy weekend it turned out to be! Saturday, Rogue went WD/BOW/BOB over specials and then we actually made the cut of 6 dogs in the sporting group, though we didn't place. Then, the judge who pulled us in the sporting group was judging labs the following day and we placed 2nd in Open Black, LOL.

This past weekend made up for it as we were able to get Rogue's first major with WD/BOW on Saturday, under a provisional judge who was extremely thorough with his judging (apparently he really wants to learn our breed and even went out of his way to attend the Potomac judges' seminar this year!).

I think our next show is July 30... I often enter just one day of a weekend of shows depending on my work schedule (and judges to some extent, though tough to know since my past experiences were all with a beefy yellow boy, LOL).

"The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue." -Anon

rayluckgoo is offline Senior Member

That's fantastic! I'm jealous. Congrats.

Kinderwood is offline Senior Member

WooHoo!!! Congratulations! You just never know what's going to happen. Congrats on the major too!
    Darcy Litzinger
    Kinderwood Labradors
    Piper, Faith, Mocha & Pink

In Loving Memory:

HIT UCD Bel Air Blue Chip Of Kinderwood CD RE JH CGC "Blue" 06/25/06-04/26/10

Thanks so much for sharing our little victories! It has been so much fun to get back into the show ring again... Even more fun with a beautiful sweetheart of a dog on the other end of the lead! I have really, really missed it!